Sandi MacIver papercraft artist – A spring Blossoming Tree
I don’t know about you but I’m ready for spring. We got about another 8 inches of snow on Saturday and then it was a glorious +5 Sunday. We have not seen a + in front of our temp in months!….Hallelujah! So it was time to BLOSSOM! I dug out one of the stamp sets from the new Simon Says Stamp FRESH BLOOM release, sat down in the sunbeam coming in the window of my stamping studio and starting painting – A spring BLOSSOMING Tree
I didn’t have a huge amount of time to spend on this card, ( I had to get my tomatoes started in my grow-op this weekend), but that’s ok, the stamp design is simple (and simply beautiful), and it was super easy to colour with my Altenew 36 pan watercolor set.
The BLOSSOMING tree stamp itself is huge, so I decide to move it over to the left to allow for lots of white space on my card (I like that), and a place for my sentiment.
There are some little “element stamps” allowing you to add items to your image, like the swing and the birds and then a lovely set of sentiments as well, so it’s an “all in one” set, which I love – eliminates the search for that “perfect sentiment” haha.
Tips and Tricks for the “A Spring BLOSSOMING Tree” card:
- I stamped the image in VersaFine Onyx Black onto a piece of Neenah Solar White 80# cardstock.
- I used four colours in the Altenew 36 pan Watercolour set to paint my tree, and once it was dry, I added a light blue wash behind the tree, and some green grass.
- I hand drew a few flowers in the grass and outlined them with a thin black marker.
- Next I matted the art piece to a slightly larger piece if Simon Says Stamp Surf Blue before attaching it to my A2 sized card base in Neenah Solar White 110# cardstock.
- I white heat embossed the sentiment onto a scrap of black cardstock and used foam tape to mount it to the card.
- I wanted to keep the embellishments super simple so I just used 3 domes from the Buttons Galore & More – Salt Water.
We all need sympathy cards from time to time don’t we? I decided after I finished the above card, to create one. This time I embossed the piece in White onto my card front of Simon Says Stamp Surf Blue. I used the same blue paint, to add just a bit of highlight around the tree.
The sentiment is white embossed on a piece of matching cardstock and mounted with foam tape.
My embellishments are silver sequins.
I used the same watercolouring techniques as I shared in my video last week here.
Click the button below to download a FREE PDF for today’s card. (they are both exactly the same size and cuts), and don’t forget to visit my PDF Gallery for more card inspiration.
You can also see the FULL Simon Says Stamp FRESH BLOOM release here:
Thanks so much for visiting me today and I hope you enjoyed the project. We would love to see your stamping projects over on our Stamp to Share Facebook Group – just request to join and I’ll approve you.
I’ve listed the products I used below. Clicking on the image will take you directly to the product. Where available I use compensated affiliate links which means if you make a purchase through my link, I receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thank you so very much for your support, it helps to keep my blog and YouTube channel running and I truly appreciate it.
for A Spring BLOSSOMING Tree Card: