Hi stamping friends, today on my cardmaking blog I’m sharing Balloon Adventures and the Generation Stamping Technique.
I have been stamping for over 30 years now and we used to call this technique the stamping off technique, so if you’re as old as me, haha…you may remember it.
This is a super easy technique and look closely, I only used two stamps from the Balloon Adventures stamp set on each of the cards.
Sandi’s Tips & Tricks:
- You start at the top of the art piece with a fully inked stamp – and stamp the image – this is first generation.
- NOTE – because you are stamping off the paper – this is going to cause a void in the ink on your stamp.
- Clean the stamp and reink. Stamp on scrap paper first, then on your art piece – this is second generation
- Stamp it repeatedly without reinking, moving down half a balloon width each time – generations three and four.
- Clean the stamp again – change colours and repeat
- Clean the stamp again – change colours and repeat.
- I stamp my sentiments in Basic Black Archival Ink, so adding a black mat around the art piece helps to frame it out.
- Attach it to your mat and then your card base. I chose white for one, and Melon Mambo for the other.
Thanks so much for visiting me today and I hope you enjoyed the project.