Sandi MacIver – Stampin With Sandi – Beachy Little Christmas
More Holiday cards to share with you today, this time, Beachy Little Christmas. I love being at the beach and have always wanted to spend a Christmas in Hawaii. One of my dear friends is this year, with her sister. Merry Christmas Shelagh, Peggy and Imai
The Beachy Little Christmas stamp set provided the perfect stamps for these cards
A tree adorned with treasures from the sea, and individual seashell images to do as we please. Even a surf hut.
Or a palm tree decorated in Christmas lights. You will find this stamp set on page 19 of the Stampin Up Holiday Catalogue and while the shipping deadline has passed to receive it before Christmas this year – it’s a keeper for future years for sure. It’s available in wood and clear mount and currently on the retired list, so order soon.
Sandi’s Tips and Tricks for the Beach Little Christmas cards – the Wreath Card:
- I started by splattering the front of my Kraft Card base with Whisper White ink.
- Kraft card stock is no longer available in the main catalogue, however, it is available in a bundle with Old Olive on page 12 of the Holiday Catalogue.
- Next, I cut a circle in Gold Foil Sheet.
- I wrapped Linen Thread and Gold Metallic Thread around my Roll of Glue Dots, then gently rolled it off and glued it to the gold circle base to create my wreath.
- From my retired stash, I used the Botanical Blooms Bundle for the palmy leaves I die cut from Pear Pizzazz for the background. Then Pretty Pines Thinlits for the white coral. Over that I glued gold Year of Cheer Embellishments (also resemble coral).
- I gold heat embossed the sentiment on a scrap of Whisper White and my final embellishments where copper sequins from the Metallics Sequins.
- The sea shells are white heat embossed onto scraps of Kraft card stock cut out and attached with Dimensionals.
Beachy Little Christmas Tree Card:
- Start by White heat embossing the image into Kraft card stock and mat that in gold.
- I also heat embossed the top of the tree onto gold and cut out the star circle attaching it to my tree with a glue dot.
- For the card base, I used the Seaside embossing folder on the Pool Party piece before mating it to Kraft card stock and then a Thick Whisper White card base.
- For a little background bling, I wrapped the gold metallic thread around the card base a bunch of times before attaching the tree piece with Dimensionals.
- The tree is embellished with the small gold sequins from the Metallics Sequins
Thanks so much for stopping to visit with me today, wishing you a very Merry Christmas where ever you may be.
- be one of 26,000 following me on PINTEREST
- My Fastest growing New board – Christmas Card ideas – Stampin Up – has 1,000+ pins to date
- NEW – OCCASIONS CATALOGUE Samples
- NEW – Sale-a-bration Catalogue Samples
- NEW – Holiday Catalogue 2017 – over – 1,564 pins