Hi card making friends, my share today is Best Birds in Colour.
How this came about was I was sitting trying to figure out what colours to paint my little bird. There is a coordinating Birds & Blooms Thinlits set, and while I was contemplating, it dawned on me (did you see that light-bulb come on?), why don’t I cut the bird out of coloured card stock. No colouring required and a 10 minute or less card!
So I threw my Whisper White back into the bin, and decided to do the whole card in coloured card stock – bit of a change for me, but I had fun with it – hope you like it too:
Here is my Colour Inspiration for you today:
- The Bird is cut from a piece of Wisteria Wonder – TIP – use the Precision Base Plate with your Magnetic Platform for best results in cutting him and easily removing all the little die cut pieces.
- For the Branch, I stamped tone on tone, so Crumb Cake Ink on Crumb Cake Card stock. TIP – You don’t need the Precision Base Plate to cut out the branch and flowers as they are “framelits” and using it could actually warp your dies.
- The flowers are also tone on tone, Sweet Sugarplum and cut out same as the branch.
- The Sentiment comes from a new Sentiment set that I absolutely adore, I just got it and I think I’ve used it three times already Layering Love (page 71)
- The card base is two layers of Pool Party.
You will see from the picture above that the Die set included in this bundle have framelits and thinlits for the birds giving you all kinds of artistic license; stamp it and colour it, or just die cut it. And you save 10% by ordering the pieces as a bundle Item #142315 – who doesn’t like to save money on their crafting supplies right?
- Card Base: Pool Party, 4-1/4 x 11, score and fold at 5-1/2. 4 x 5-1/4 card front.
- Bird: Wisteria Wonder 3 x 3
- Branch: Crumb Cake 2 x 4-1/2
- Flowers: Sweet Sugarplum 1 x 3
Thanks so much for visiting me today, I hope you enjoyed the projects.