Hi card making friends, my share today is created with the Best Birds from Stampin Up for Mojo Monday and the Colour Q challenge for this week:
I have had this stamp set for a couple of weeks now and it’s been absolutely killing me not to play with it.
My layout is for the Mojo Monday Sketch Challenge for this week – check them out there are some awesome samples posted already
And this week’s Colour Q Challenge also spoke to me, and I cheated, I added Soft Suede – but brown is allowed, haha….
Sandi’s Tips & Tricks:
- Today I have a few pictures to illustrate the steps I took to create this card – so a little mini tutorial for you.
- I started with a piece of watercolour paper 3 x 7-1/2 – Stamped all my images in StazOn Black and coloured them with my ink pad lids and my aqua painter.
- For the Bird: I did the whole bird in Pool Party. Next I added Soft Suede, then more pool party. When he was dry I added little so saffron and when it was dry again, I put little bits of Gold Wink of Stella around his eyes and under his wing.
- For the card front layers, I used a small amount of adhesive to layer then where I wanted them and then used the layering Circle Framelits to cut the holes in them all. Once that was done, I embossed them with the Wood grain and Petal Burst Embossing folders before layering them all onto the card front.
- The card base is Whisper White and I used a pencil to mark where the circles would show, so I could stamp the “crosshatch” or grid stamp in the background before attaching all the layers.
- Next I used Dimensionals and glue dots to add all the art pieces that I cut out with the coordinating Birds & Blooms Thinlits.
- Card Base: Thick Whisper White 4-1/4 x 11, score and fold at 5-1/2 – Soft Suede 4 x 5-1/4, Pool Party 3-7/8 x 5-1/8
- Overlay: Blushing Bride 3-1/4 x 4
- Art Pieces: Watercolour paper 3 x 7-1/2
- Sentiment: Pool party 1/2 x 4, Soft Suede 1 x 4 – trim to fit
Thanks so much for visiting me today, I hope you enjoyed the projects.