Sandi MacIver – Stampin with Sandi – Birthday Blooms and Watercolor Pencils
I had an entire stamping day on Saturday Whoo Hoo and I was just cranking out cards. Don’t you love it when you can spend a whole day doing that? This is one of them and I combined a few challenges for this card.
NOTE – the Retiring Products Lists came out yesterday for the Annual Catalogue and the Occasions Catalogue – details here – and sadly, This Birthday Blooms Stamp Set is about to retire, so if you don’t have it yet, you may want to grab it soon
Tic Tac Toe Challenge and I went from the bottom left corner up to the top right, I have layers, I used a punch and I have stripes.
The second was The Card Concept and from this image I was inspired by the floral icing and the colours – and was wishing I had one to snack on too, haha…
Third, the SUO Challenge this week – use your favourite flower stamp
How I created the Birthday Blooms and Watercolor Pencils Card:
- I started by white heat embossing the image onto a piece of Smoky Slate c/s 3-1/2 x 5-1/4.
- I stamped the image in Archival Black Ink onto a piece of Whisper White 3 x 3-1/2. Coloured it with the Stampin Up Watercolor Pencils and cut it out.
- NOTE – I didn’t use water to blend the colours, I used a blender pen and when I finished adding all the colours; I used the White pencil to blend the colours – try it – for a completely different look….
- The card Base is Crumb Cake 4-1/4 x 11, scored and folded at 5-1/2 and I used a half inch strip of Tutti Frutti Designer paper to incorporate the stripes and then added the embossed background piece.
- I used Dimensionals to pop up my art piece to add interest
- For the sentiment, I white embossed it onto a strip of Basic Black 1 x 2-1/2 and then used my Banner Triple Punch to flag tail the end.
- I embellished with a few Glitter & Clear Epoxy Shapes.
Check out the Birthday Blooms – Spotlight Technique card here:
Check out the Birthday Blooms – Triple Panel Card here
COME BACK SUNDAY – for my “FREE PDF SUNDAY” post to download the PDF file for today’s card.
for the Birthday Blooms and Watercolor Pencils Card:
I hope you enjoyed today’s project and thanks so much for stopping in to visit.
Wishing you Happy Stamping.