Sandi MacIver – Stampin With Sandi – Birthday Delivery and the Direct to Rubber Technique
Hi stamping friends, today’s share is created with the Stampin Up stamp set Birthday Delivery and the Direct to Rubber Technique using Stampin’ Write markers which is our challenge this month.
Stampin’ Write Markers are packaged per colour family, including the In-colours or you can order the Many Marvelous Markers Box which includes all 38 of Stampin’ Ups! main colours with room in the box to add the current in colours. I opted for the Box as I love having all my markers in one place.
Click the image to view
The Direct to Rubber Technique: – using your markers to colour directly onto your stamp
Here’s a quick little video showing how to do this.
If you have difficulty viewing the video in your e-mail – CLICK HERE to visit my blog.
A couple of tips:
- This technique seems to work better on rubber stamps.
- When using Acrylic stamps, you want to color the image a couple of times and stamp it on scrap paper before doing it for the final time on your good card stock. This seems to prime the photopolymer a bit so the images comes out clear.
- If you have spots and blotches, you can use the fine tip end of the marker to touch up where necessary.
I know I have said it before, but I LOVE this Bundle….when I first saw it, I didn’t think I would but I ordered it anyway, funny thing, I have made more cards with this bundle then anything else in my preorder, haha…
You can view my three other cards here:
Both of today’s cards are super simple to create. I let the Designer Paper do all the work, all I stamped was the sentiment on each. The images are cut from the coordinating Birthday Memories Designer Paper. Of course, you can also use the stamp set and the markers and colour images for your cards too!
- Card Base: Thick Whisper White 4-1/4 x 11, score and fold at 5-1/2
- Mat: Real Red 4 x 5-1/4
- Birthday Memories Designer Paper – Yellow print – 3-7/8 x 5-1/8
- White Banner: Whisper White 1-1/2 x 3-7/8
- Black mat for Banner: Basic Black 1-5/8 x 3-7/8
- Bunny and Gift cut out of the Birthday Memories Designer Paper
- Card Base: pacific Point 4-1/4 x 11, score and fold at 5-1/2
- Mat: Whisper White 3-3/4 x 5
- Mat: Pacific Point 3-3/8 x 4-7/8
- Birthday Memories Designer Paper 3-1/4 x 4-3/4
- Belly Band: – Mat Pacific Point 1-1/8 x 3-1/4, Designer Paper 1 x 3=1/4
- Sentiment: Whisper White 3 x 3 – die cut circle, Mat – Pacific Point 4 x 4 – die cut circle.
- Parcel – cut from the Birthday Memories Designer Paper.
And now it’s time to hop and see what the rest of the Design Team has chosen for our Marker Challenge for this month – chick the next button to visit my buddy Patrice in New Zealand
Click the “next blog” button to head to Patrice’s blog and if you get lost, here is a list of all the participants below: simply click on their names to visit their blogs.
France Poitras Martin – USA
Sandi MacIver – Canada
Patrice Halliday-Larsen – New Zealand
Leonie Schroder – Australia
Carmen Sahadat-Morris – Netherlands
Heike Vass – Germany
Michelle Last – UK
- be one of 24,900 following me on PINTEREST
- NEW – 2017 Annual Catalog Pin Board – over 900 pins
- NEW – Eastern Palace Suite Pin Board
- Daisy Delight Board – over 300 pins
- NEW – Colorful Seasons Pin Board