Hi Stampers, my share today is created with the Blooms and Wishes from Stampin Up:
There is a tutorial for this card below as well as the card recipe and product list at the end of the post for you.
You will find the Blooms & Wishes Stamp Set on page #139 of the Annual catalogue:
and by simply changing out the colours, this stamp set makes a great holiday card:
Here is my Colour Inspiration picture for you:
Sandi’s Tips and Tricks for today’s card:
- Start by stamping the flowers in Real Red on a scrap of Whisper White. Note, I stamped off the smaller flower and used that one.
- Cut out a large and a small flower and set aside.
- Next I cut my art piece with the NEW Stitched Shapes Framelits.
- One of the shapes is square – but it’s quite easy to create a rectangle with it too.
- Cut a piece of Soft Sky bigger than your final size, mine is 2-1/2 x 4-1/4
- Place the die on the left side of the piece. Place the cutting mat on top, but place the edge inside where the die will cut the final side. (see pink arrow above). Run it to through the Big Shot.
- This will cut the first three sides for you. Next, you want to move the die to the other side and line up the cuts and stitches, overlapping the last 3 on either side.
- Add a couple of post it notes to hold it in place and again, add the top cutting pad, just up to the final edge, (see pink arrow in picture above). Run it through the machine again. This will cut the final side for you.
- Stamp the sentiment , twigs and leaves on the art piece in Soft Suede and Mint Macaron
- Lay it on top of your Thick Whisper White card base without gluing it down, mark lightly with a pencil where the twigs and leaves extend.
- Remove the art piece and stamp more twigs and leaves on the card base.
- Attach the Art piece with Dimensionals to the card front.
- Add the large flower with a glue dot and the smaller flower with a Dimensional
- Fold a piece of Linen Thread in half and then tie a bow. Trim the ends and attach to the center of the larger flower with a bit of multi-purpose glue.
- Embellish with a few pearls.
Blooms and Wishes is one of the stamp sets on sale for 25% off in the month of November.
These stamp sets all coordinate with the Stitched Shapes Framelits – that are currently on backorder, but still orderable. There is a new shipment arriving on Nov 28, so if you want them, order them soon as Stampin’ Up! advises when this order is depleted, they will be turning off the ordering button.
- Card Base: Thick Whisper White 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 score and fold at 4-1/4
- Art Piece – Soft Sky -2-1/2 x 4-1/4 – finished size is 201/8 x 3-7/8
- Flowers: Whisper White 3 x 3
Thanks so much for visiting me today, I hope you enjoyed the projects.