Sandi MacIver – Stampin With Sandi – Blossoming Basket Bundle – Pink Card
Today’s card share is Blossoming Basket Bundle – Pink Card. As soon as I saw this bundle in the new Sale-a-bration Brochure, I immediately popped it into my shopping bag.
I Absolutely LOVE the stamp set, and the Basket Weave embossing folder coordinates so beautifully.
SO you know this baby got a little love – because you KNOW I love to colour.
How to make the Blossoming Basket Bundle – Pink Card: (I may or may not have coloured these flowers in a variety of different colours, haha).
- I stamped the image in Memento Tuxedo Black Ink on Whisper White card stock.
- I coloured the image with my Stampin Blends in Pink Pirouette, Light Rich Razzleberry and highlighted with light Calypso Coral. Leaves in Old Olive and the basket in Crumb Cake with highlights in Bronze. The flower centers are dark Daffodil Delight.
- I cut this out (be patient, it takes a bit), then I stamped a second image and just coloured and cut out the roses – so I have a two layer Paper Tole effect on my flowers.
- The card base is Crumb Cake 4-1/4 x 11, scored and folded at 5-1/2.
- I used a 3/4 x 4-1/2 strip of Pink Pirouette and die cut the heart border (from Everyday Jars Framelits), down the side.
- I placed a 3 x 4-1/4 piece of Whisper White inside that amazing Basket Weave Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing Folder (now is that name long enough for yah?), and ran it through the big shot….Remember, it’s one of those “plump” embossing Folders, so you only need 1 cutting mat.
- Attach the border to the side of the embossed piece and then attach it to the card front with glue dots or multipurpose glue.
- I used Dimensionals to attach the basket and the second layer of flowers.
- I die cut two little old olive branches using the dies from Magical Mates and added one to each side.
- I heat embossed the sentiment onto a piece of crumb cake in Whisper White Embossing Powder. Flag tailed the end with the Banner Triple Punch before adding it to my card also with Dimensionals.
- I folded a piece of Linen Thread in half to make a double bow and attached that with multi purpose glue, and then sprinkled a few of the hearts left over from die cutting the border.
- Lastly I used Calypso Coral and Pink Pirouette to colour that adorable little butterfly before cutting him out and adding him to the handle on the basket and a little “wink of stella” to the flowers.
My next card share with this stamp will be a little easier, I promise, haha….I did get a bit carried away with this one, LOL…
Here’s a Video with a few more ideas From Shannon at Stampin’ UP! Click here to visit my blog to watch the video
Thanks so much for stopping to visit with me today. Wishing you Happy Stamping.