Sandi MacIver – Stampin With Sandi – Bold Butterfly for the Autism Awareness Blog Hop
April is Autism Awareness month and many in our Stampin Up Demonstrator community have come together in blog hops to show support and awareness through stamping.
You may know of someone who has autism whether it’s a relative or a friends child, maybe even your own child. Then you know these beautiful beings are presented with unique challenges in their everyday lives. Let’s show our support and love for those living with Autism including their families who support them every day.
I chose die cut butterflies for my card today for a couple of reasons: They are bright and cheery and representing the colours in the Autism symbol.
The puzzle piece symbol reflects the mystery and complexity of Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD). Since every puzzle piece is different in some way, a puzzle piece accurately represents the diversity of the individuals affected. Sprinkling the cut out pieces from my die around my card represents this.
Instructions for the card are at the end of this blog post for you.
If you can, a donation of any amount will help and be most appreciated.
I hope you will find joy and inspiration from this blog hop. Thanks so much for stopping by and please click on the next button to visit:
Here is the list of hoppers in case you get lost along the way:
Sandi MacIver – You are here
Adrienne West – Next
How to create my Bold Butterfly for Autism Awareness Card:
- I started by watercolouring on watercolour paper with Daffodil Delight, Melon Mambo, Bermuda Bay and Lemon Lime Twist.
- When the paper was dry I cut out all the butterflies with the Bold Butterfly Framelits (soon to retire), along with the sentiments from the Celebrate you dies and Amazing you stamps from Sale-a-bration (recently retired)
- I used a sponge dipped in Multipurpose glue to add adhesive to the back of the butterflies and attached them to a 3-3/4 x 5 piece of Whisper White.
- I stamped the two sentiment stamps on scraps of Whisper White and cut them out and attached them with glue dots.
- Then I attached the art piece to a Thick Whisper White Card base 4-1/4 x 11, scored and folded at 5-1/2.
Check back on Sunday Rewind for a downloadable PDF for this card.
Bold Butterflies Framelits Dies are another “soon to be retired” Item I am going to miss, but all good things must come to an end right. You can still order them, but they are While Suppies Last – link below in the products list.
I hope you enjoyed today’s project and thanks so much for stopping in to visit.
Wishing you Happy Stamping.