Sandi MacIver – Stampin with Sandi – Botanical Bliss Birthday
Hi stamping friends, welcome back to another Thursday Happy Stamper’s Blog Hop.
This week we have a sketch to challenge us and I had great fun with this one.
I decided to create a Stampin Up Botanical Bliss Birthday card for a special friend having her big day soon. She loves to garden so the combination of this Botanical Bliss Bundle and the Petal Promenade Designer paper (Currently on sale) – created a card I know she will love.
That’s one of my favourite things about being a stamper is how I can custom create cards for the special people in my life.
Step by Step Instructions for the Botanical Bliss Birthday Card:
- Cut the designer paper at 3-7/8 x 5-1/8, attach it to a Mossy Meadow Mat 4 x 5-1/4 and then to a Grapefruit Grove Card base 4-1/4 x 11, score and fold at 5-1/2
- Next I took another piece of Grapefruit Grove 2-1/2 x 4-1/2, marked the bottom at 1-1/4 and snipped it into a banner piece.
- I use the Grapefruit Grove Ink to stamp some images for my background onto the banner.
- Use the coordinating Botanical Tags Thinlits to die cut some flowers and leaves to tuck in behind my sentiment.
- I stamped the two stamp sentiment in Mossy Meadow and Grapefruit Grove before die cutting it with the Stitched Shapes Ovals.
- As I started to layer these pieces to my card, I added a couple of loops of the Gold Mini Sequin Trim to add a little “bling”.
Now it’s time to hop over and see what my team mates have come up with for this week’s sketch. They are amazingly artistic so I know you are going to love their projects. You can click on the Next button, or on the names below to visit their blogs:
Sandi MacIver – Stampin with Sandi – you are here
The Designer Paper that I used for today’s card is also part of the Buy 3 get 1 FREE Designer Paper Promotion Sale in July:
Get the details and order yours today – click here:
For the Botanical Bliss Birthday Card:
I hope you enjoyed today’s project and thanks so much for stopping in to visit.
Wishing you Happy Stamping.