This month for Stamping Techniques 101 – I’m playing with Candy Cane Christmas and the Masking Technique.
Each month we choose a technique and the Design Team creates simple cards showing you how they use the technique. I have a video for you today for my technique and three card ideas below.
We also try to use a minimal of supplies and ink so if you are a beginner stamper, you may have the products on hand to create the cards along with us.
Starting at the bottom of my picture, the first card is done in Mint Macaron and Pool Party. I stepped up the background just a bit by embossing the card front with the Softly Falling Embossing Folder and I embellished with Old Olive Baker’s twine and a couple of Rhinestones.
Card #2 in the middle. I create in the video for you. Done in Pool Party and Real Red. I added a Real Red mat behind the art piece just to step it up a bit.
The top card, is my over the top card. I incorporated brighter ink, Bermuda Bay, Real Red and Emerald Envy, again the Real Red Mat. The sentiment is from Stitched with Cheer stamped on a scrap of Bermuda Bay and cut out with the Bunch of Banners Framelits. For the background on that card I used my Whisper White Craft Ink to stamp the stars.
Here is the video for you and if you are reading this in an e-mail, you may need to click on the title of this blog post to visit my blog to view it.
The cutting instructions and supply list are at the end of the blog post for you.
And now it’s time to hop and see what the rest of the Design Team has chosen for our Masking Challenge for this month:
Click the “next blog” button to head to Patrice’s blog and if you get lost, here is a list of all the participants below: simply click on their names to visit their blogs.
France Poitras Martin – USA
Sandi MacIver – Canada (you are here)
Patrice Halliday-Larsen – New Zealand
Leonie Schroder – Australia
Carmen Sahadat-Morris – Netherlands
Heike Vass – Germany
Michelle Last – UK
Marine Wiplier – France – not playing this week
Stampin with Sandi – Online Ordering Bonus – Free pack of Stampin’ Up! Envelopes:
40 pack of Whisper White Envelopes
Ends December 30th. Exclusive offer through Stampin with Sandi only.
Thanks so much for visiting me today and if you would like to order the supplies to create the Candy Cane Christmas and the Masking Technique cards: simply click on the “shop with me” button below, I would love to be your demonstrator.
You can find the card recipe and product list for today’s project at the end of this post.
- Shop my Online store 24/7 from anywhere in Canada
- by phone 306-764-0337 (I’m in Mountain time)
- E-Mail Me to place your order for you
- Earn FREE stamps with my Preferred Customer Corgi Rewards
- Learn how to place an online order here:
More ways to SAVE:
- 100s of Products on sale – view the Year End Closeout Event here:
- Save 10% on Stampin Up PRODUCT BUNDLES
- Earn Stampin Rewards – orders over $200 automatically receive $15+ additional free bonus
- The Best Deal of All – the $135. Starter Kit
- Get $30. of free product and FREE SHIPPING – if you have more than $135.00 on your wish list. Get $165.00 of product for $135.00 and FREE shipping – Plus discounts on all your future orders – click here for details
- Join now – just in time to fill your starter kit with NEW Spring Occasions Catalogue products. Demonstrator Pre-order started Dec 1 – over a month before customers – join so you can order too.
PROMOTIONS, CLUBS, CLASSES AND ORDERING SPECIALS
- Free Ordering Tutorials – ends Dec 30
- View the Holiday Catalogue Online
- Online Technique Host Club – Get a new technique each month (with kit).
- View the Annual Catalog Online
- Come and Stamp with Me – In studio classes
- Realize the benefits of becoming one of my Preferred Customers – click here
- Treat yourself to a Paper Pumpkin Kit here
- over 2,800 card ideas for the Annual Catalog
- over 1,700 ideas for the Holiday Catalog
- NEW – Occasions Catalogue Pin Board
- Visit my Stampin Up Pinterest Boards
Card #2 (as shown on video)
- Card Base: Pool Party 5-1/2 x 8-1/2, score and fold at 4-1/4
- Mat: Real Red 3-1/4 x 5-1/2
- Art Piece: Whisper White 3 x 5-1/2
Product List for the Candy Cane Christmas Masking Technique Cards – click to view in my online store.