Hi cardmaking friends, my share today is a card created with Stampin Up Birthday Blooms Stamp Set.
I had some fun combining two challenges for my card today.
My layout is from the sketch challenge over at Mojo Monday
and my color combo came from the challenge over at The Color Throwdown
Once you figure out the size of those background panels, the rest of the card is pretty easy. The background panels are 1-1/2 x 3-3/4 and I cut them out of strip from the Stampin UP Everyday Chic Designer Paper.
Sandi’s Tips & Tricks:
- I stamped the flowers in StazOn Black onto a couple of pieces of watercolor paper
- Used the Ink pad Lids and my Aqua Painter to color the flowers and leaves in Melon Mambo, Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Delight and Old Olive.
- I laid all the pieces to the front of my card and then added the flowers with Dimensionals, this gave me room to tuck in the rest of the elements underneath.
- I cut two banners out of scraps of Whisper White and used a black pen to add stitches to them before attaching to the bottom left of the card.
- Over that, I attached the “hello”, cut with the Big Shot and the Hello You Thinlits also from Stampin UP.
- My embellishments are; a three looped piece of Gold Metallic Thread tucked in behind the flowers, 3 Brights Candy Dots in the Orange and Pink and a bit of Clear Wink of Stella on the flowers.
- Card Base: Thick Whisper White 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 score and fold at 4-1/4, Basic Black Mat 4 x 5-1/4
- Everyday Chic Designer Paper – three pieces 1-1/2 x 3-3/4
- Watercolor paper – two pieces 3 x 3-1/2
Thanks so much for visiting me today, I hope you enjoyed the project.