Sandi MacIver – Stampin With Sandi – Coffee Cafe it ain’t just for coffee
Hi stamping friends Coffee Cafe it ain’t just for Coffee you know! It’s our challenge for this month at Stamp to Share so let’s have some fun with it. I have a couple of “perky” cards to share with you today, but you may need your shades haha! (sunglasses).
I love this bundle, it’s the very first one I ordered when the new catalogue went live and I have had a blast making cards with it…..and the coordinating Coffee Break Designer paper. You can find the entire suite on pages 30 and 31.
But, it’s warm out, and while I still drink coffee in the morning (you don’t want to be around if I don’t, haha), the rest of the day, it’s smoothies for us….
SO I decided to change it up a bit and create these bright and fun cards:
Sandi’s Tips and Tricks for the Coffee Cafe It Ain’t Just for Coffee cards:
If you use the Glossy White card stock that has recently returned to the catalogue, sponging color on it gives a beautiful silky finish which really resembles a frosty glass don’t you think.
Colours used: Flirty Flamingo with Berry Burst, Lemon Lime Twist with Bermuda Bay and Daffodil Delight with Pumpkin Pie. and check out the card on the right – I used the Lemon Zest stamp set to add some fruit slices to my smoothies.
- For the background, I started by heat embossing the sentiments on a piece of Glossy White card stock. I sponged in Lemon Lime Twist with a bit of Bermuda Bay around the edges for the Embossed Resist technique, so the words would pop.
- I stamped and sponged the cups and then die cut them.
- For the lids, I stamped the lid on vellum, heat embossing it in White. Then stamped the swirl over that, heat embossing it again in White.
TIP – Heat up your heat tool before you heat emboss the vellum, it will take half the time and less change of burning it.
- I added a strip of the Pick a Pattern Washi Tape to the background before attaching the cups.
- I knew I was doing three different colours of Smoothies, so I decided to have a plain Crumb Cake Background to really make them pop.
- The sentiment is white embossed on black and chopped up.
I LOVE the coordinating Coffee Cup Framelits, they make it so easy to create these fun embellishments for my cards and ordering the stamps/dies as a combo will save you 10%
Now it’s time to go and see what the rest of the “Stamp to Share” Designers have come up with for this month’s challenge.
Click the button below to Hop on over to Paula Dobson’s blog and check out her amazing projects – I just love her stamping style:
If you get lost along the way, here is a list of our Design Team members – just click on their name to visit:
Thanks so much for stopping by to visit today,
for the Coffee Cafe it ain’t just for coffee Cards:
- be one of 24,500 following me on PINTEREST
- My Fastest Growing Board – NEW – 2017 Annual Catalog Pin Board – over 2,000 pins
- NEW – Holiday Catalogue 2017
- NEW – Tranquil Tulips Board
- New – Lemon Zest Board
- Daisy Delight Board – over 300 pins
- NEW – Colorful Seasons Pin Board