Hi paper crafting friends, my share today is created with the Color Theory Suite found on pages 146 and 147 of the NEW Stampin Up Annual Catalogue
This Color Theory Suite has a beautiful representation of all four seasons and today I’m sharing “SPRING”, probably my favourite.
Sandi’s Tips & Tricks for the Color Theory Suite Card:
- I used the Seasonal Layers Thinlits to die cut the flowers, the branches and the scalloped edge under the art piece.
- For the branch I cut two, one in Soft Suede and one in Crumb Cake. I glued them together offsetting them just a bit so it created a nice shadow or depth.
- The flowers are die cut in Powder Pink and Berry Blush and I sponged the edges.
- The Scalloped edge is die cut then I added a 1/2″ piece of the Color Theory designer paper at the top for some quiet “background noise”
- The Color Theory Designer Paper was also used as the background for the art piece.
- The Berry Burst Finely Woven Ribbon adds the perfect accent and I overlaid that with a double bow tied with Linen Thread to pull it all together.
This Suite has a beautiful collections of dies and stamps combined with the “on trend” paint chip Color Theory Designer Paper. Add a sprinkling of Glitter Enamel Dots and wrap it all up with luscious ribbon and you have the perfect combo.
That’s it for me today, I’m busy creating lots of new projects to share with you, so thanks for stopping in and come back soon. the card recipe is at the end of the post for you
- be one of 24,900 following me on PINTEREST
- NEW – 2017 Annual Catalog Pin Board
- NEW – Eastern Palace Suite Pin Board
- Card Base: Thick Whisper White 5-1/2 x 8-1/2, score and fold at 4-1/4
- Art Piece: Color Theory Designer Paper 3-1/8 x 4-3/8, mat – Berry Burst 3-1/4 x 4-1/2
- Scallops: Berry Burst 1-1/2 x 5-1/2
- Branches: Crumb Cake and Soft Suede 2 x 5
- Flowers: Berry Burst and Powder Pink 1 x 4 of each colour