Hi stamping friends and welcome back to my card making blog. My share today is Colorful Seasons Asian Influence.
All my Stampin Up friends are in Thailand on the incentive trip right now. I didn’t earn it due to my little cancer adventure, but I’m having grand fun living the amazing trip through their picture sharing on Facebook (ok, maybe a tiny bit jealous, haha). It also inspired today’s card.
I was looking at the Freshly Made Sketch challenge for this week and thinking the Colorful Seasons Bundle would be absolutely perfect for this layout. I think I nailed it – you?
Sandi’s Tips & Tricks for the Colorful Seasons Asian Influence Card:
- I started by stamping the flowers in Blushing Bride and using a sponge dauber to add Berry Burst to the edges. When they were dry, I cut them out with the coordinating Seasonal Layers Framelits.
- Next, I cut the branch out of Early Espresso and the stitched circle was cut with the Stitched Shapes Framelits.
- I used a scrap of the Early Espresso and heat embossed to top part of the sentiment in white
- I then covered the designer paper with a post it note to stamp the bottom word in the sentiment which I coloured with my black Stampin’ Write Marker.
- I auditioned quite a few pieces of designer paper and finally settled on the Coffee Break one as I liked the subtle chevron pattern going on in the background.
- I used glue dots and multi-purpose glue to glue it all down.
- For the final embellishments, I have a whole sheet of pearls that I coloured with a black sharpie, I used them for the flower centers and the embellishment on the sketch challenge.
The Colour Seasons Bundle can be found on pages 146 and 147. There are 24 photopolymer Stamps and 17 coordinating dies and ordering them together as a bundle #145348 will save you 10%.
Thanks so much for stopping by and until next time – Happy card making
- Card Base: Thick Whisper white 4-1/4 x 11, score and fold at 5-1/2, Early Espresso Mat 3-5/8 x 4-7/8, Coffee Break DSP card front 3-1/2 x 4-3/4
- Circle: Whisper White 3 x 3
- Flowers: Whisper White 1 x 4
- Branch: Early Espresso 2 x 5 and sentiment 1/2 x 3-1/2