Sandi MacIver – Stampin with Sandi – Colorful Seasons Vase Card
Hi Stamping friends, well somewhere it’s spring and somewhere the “Tulip Trees” are blooming right? haha, Mother Nature seems to be a little confused this spring. Someone said to me this morning “it’s because the Maple Leafs are still playing hockey”, haha, (don’t tell Ian I laughed at that, he is a die-hard fan). ANYWAY, I saw a picture on Facebook of a blooming Magnolia Tree – here is my paper interpretation.
My layout for today’s card share is from this week’s FAB FRIDAY CHALLENGE – although I did turn it.
How to create the Colorful Seasons Vase Card:
- I started by embossing the Smoky Slate 4-1/4 x 5 panel with the Ruffled Embossing folder before attaching it to a 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 scored at 4-1/2 Thick Whisper White card base.
- Next, I cut a piece of Lemon Lime Twist at 2 x 4 and punched one end with the Banner Triple Punch attaching it on an angle near the top portion of the card.
- My center background piece is Whisper White 2-3/4 x 4
- I cut a branch with the Seasonal Layers Thinlits, also in Smoky Slate and glued it to the center white piece.
- For the Vase: I punched a “Tailored Tag” piece out of Smoky Slate and ran it through the Seaside Embossing Folder before cutting the top portion off. I attached this with Dimensionals as my vase.
- I cut 3 flowers out of the watercolor paper and used my Aqua Painter and Melon Mambo Ink pad to add pink centers before attaching them with glue dots and adding a small pearl to the center.
- Finally, my leaf buds…the branch die from Petals & More cuts out outline leaves – and these are the little left over cut out pieces, a little fussy to add for sure, but the perfect amount of spring green don’t you think?
Simple and elegant, and I decided to leave off a sentiment. I can always add one to the inside of the card when I’m ready to send it out.
The Colorful Seasons Bundle is on page 147 of the current Annual Catalogue and you might notice it on the retired list. Only the Bundle is retiring, the stamp set and coordinating dies will still be available but not as a bundle. So if you want them, order them soon as a bundle #145348 and save 10%
I hope you enjoyed today’s project and thanks so much for stopping in to visit.
Wishing you Happy Stamping.