Yep, today we are doing the FUNKY Chicken with the
Hey Chick Stamp Set from Stampin’ Up
This is a Sale-a-bration stamp set that you can receive for free with a $60. product order. I’ll make a couple of suggestions below:
Sandi’s Tips & Tricks:
- Stamp the Funky chicken on Watercolour paper with StazOn Black Ink pad.
- Next add his brilliant colours with the NEW watercolour Pencils.
- The Aqua painter does a quick job of blending the colours.
- Finally, cut them out with the Stitched Shapes Framelits
- For the mat: use the slightly larger scalloped layering Squares to create a mat that just peeks out from behind in Melon Mambo to help highlight that wild head of feathers.
- Brayer Basic Gray ink onto the raised side of the Hexagon Dynamics Textured Impressions Embossing Folder, lay the Whisper White cardstock inside, closed it and give it a real good rub to transfer the ink – turned out FABULOUSLY!
- Layer the “chicken wire” to a piece of Daffodil Delight and then to a Thick Whisper White card
- White embossed the sentiment on a scrap of Basic Black and trimmed to fit.
Doing the Funky Chicken up close:
haha….maybe he is my Rastafarian funky chicken, LOL.
Finally, here are some suggestions of items you could order to reach the $60. for this FREE stamp set so you can be Doing the Funky Chicken in your stamp room, haha.
- #141709 – Watercolor Pencils $21.00
- #145372 – Stitched Shapes Framelits $40.00
- #141709 – layering Squares Framelits $46.00
- #140272 – Thick Whisper White cardstock $9.25 (100-lb weight – 24 sheets)
- #131190 – Brights 8-1/2 x 11 cardstock $10.00 (2 each of 10 colours).
$65.25 – Total
- #143231 – Hexagon Dynamics Embossing Folder $11.75
- #141709 – Watercolor Pencils $21.00
- #103954 – Aqua Painters (two pack) $22.50
- #101406 – StazOn Black Ink Pad #12.00
- Card Base: Thick Whisper White 4-1/4 x 11, score and fold at 5-1/2
- Mat: Daffodil Delight 4 x 5-1/4
- Card Front: Whisper White 3-7/8 x 5-1/8
- Chickens: Watercolour paper 2 x 7
- Mat: Melon Mambo 2 x 7
- Sentiment: Scrap of Basic Black about 1 x 2 – heat emboss in white and then trim to fit.
Thanks so much for visiting me today and if you live in Canada and would like to order the supplies to create the Doing the Funky Chicken card: simply click on the “shop with me” button below, I would love to be your demonstrator.
- Shop my Online store 24/7
- by phone 306-764-0337
- E-Mail Me or in person
- Earn FREE stamps with Corgi Rewards
- Learn how to place an online order here:
- January Host Code JD2EH3HV
– Place your Canadian Stampin’ Up! orders through my online store 24/7
Why shop with me? I’m committed to making your on-line ordering experience amazing. Learn about the perks and benefits of my Corgi Rewards Program here.
Want to collect your stamping supplies a little each month and also qualify for Stampin Rewards for those awesome Host Stamp Sets? Then join my monthly Host Club program – from Anywhere in Canada – details here
More ways to SAVE:
- Save 10% on Stampin Up PRODUCT BUNDLES
- Earn Stampin Rewards – orders over $200 automatically receive $20+ stampin rewards used to order free products
- The Best Deal of All – the $135. Starter Kit
- If you have more than $135.00 on your wish list. Get $165.00 of product for $135.00, Free Shipping and TWO FREE Stamp Sets
- Join now – just in time to fill your starter kit with NEW Spring Occasions Catalogue products.
PROMOTIONS, CLUBS, CLASSES AND ORDERING SPECIALS
- Free Ordering Tutorials with orders- ends Jan 31st
- View the NEW – Occasions Catalogue here
- View the Sale-a-bration Brochure here.
- View the Annual Catalog Online
- Come and Stamp with Me – In studio classes
- Realize the benefits of my Customer Appreciation Program – click here
- Treat yourself to a Paper Pumpkin Kit here
- over 2,800 card ideas for the Annual Catalog
- NEW – Occasions Catalogue Pin Board – over 1100 pins
- SALE-A-Bration Pin Board