Hi paper crafting friends and Happy Long Weekend to you, I have a new share for you today, Dragonfly Dreams and the Thumping Technique.
I guess technically it’s not new, because I found it when I was cleaning my stamp table, haha…it was one of the stamp sets I tried for the recent Stamping Techniques 101 blog hop, but didn’t use (see that post here).
Sandi’s Tips & Tricks for the Dragonfly Dreams and the Thumping Technique Card:
- Place the stamp on a handle face up on your worktable.
- Use the stamps to “thump” the colour onto the stamp
- Huff on the stamp to moisten the ink
- Stamp onto a piece of card stock. My preference is either Shimmery White, or (returning June 1st), Glossy card stock.
- Die cut the dragonfly with the coordinating thinlits
- For a dramatic effect – layer onto a black stitched circle
If you have followed me for a while you know that greens and blues are my favourite colours, so guess what I used, haha…..
Dragonfly Dreams and Detailed Dragonfly Thinlits are currently available in the Occasions (spring) catalogue on page 26 as a Bundle to save 10% (link below).
Both items are travelling through to the new catalogue, but not bundled so if they are on your wish list, consider ordering now to enjoy the savings.
I love the random colour blending this technique provides don’t you?
Here is a video on the technique that I shared a couple of weeks ago, hope you enjoy it. If you are reading this post in an e-mail, you may need to click here to visit my blog to view it:
- be one of 24,900 following me on PINTEREST
- NEW – 2017 Annual Catalog Pin Board
- NEW – Eastern Palace Suite Pin Board
- Card Base: Pool Party, 4-1/4 x 11, score and fold at 5-1/2, mat – Basic Black 4 x 5-1/4, card front – Pool Party 3-7/8 x 5-1/8
- Stitched Circle – Basic Black 3-1/4 square
- Dragonfly: Shimmery White card stock 3 x 3-1/2