Hi Stampers, welcome back to my card making blog. M share today is the Dragonfly Dreams Birthday Card.
When I first saw the Dragonfly Dreams Bundle I was very intrigued. I have a great fondness for dragonflies. We have huge ones in our yard all summer (they eat Mosquitoes – so we love them) haha.. They often attach themselves to my begonias for their sleeps, which gives me the opportunity to sneak up on them with my macro lens and capture their beauty.
Their beautiful iridescent wings caught in the morning sun are spectacular.
The Dragonfly Dreams Bundle is pretty spectacular too. You will find it on page 26 of the New Occasions Catalogue. The stamp set consists of a “two step” stamping style with a dragonfly, a butterfly, a dotted background stamp and four sentiments in a playful font.
Sandi’s Tips & Tricks for the Dragonfly Dreams Birthday Card:
- I inked the dragonfly in Archival Black ink and stamped around the outside of the Bermuda bay card base to create some “background noise”, as I like to call it, or wallpaper.
- For the art piece, I stamped the dragonfly in the center of the piece of Shimmery White card stock, again in Archival Black Ink.
- I cut a mask out of a post it note to cover the dragonfly and then created splatter with some reinker/water combo in Bermuda Bay and Wild Wasabi.
- When it was dry, I removed the mask and painted the wings with my clear Wink of Stella to give them the iridescent appearance I love to capture in my photos.
- I matted the piece with Wild Wasabi and used Dimensionals to attach it to the card base for added depth.
- The sentiment is White Embossed on a scrap if Basic Black with a little bundle of the Gold Metallic Thread tucked in behind it for some bling.
- A couple of Gold Sequins and a Rhinestone complete the embellishments.
You receive a 10% discount for purchasing the stamps/dies as a bundle Dragonfly Dreams Bundle is $60.25 in Canada, which entitles you to a free Sale-a-bration Item
Thanks so much for visiting me today, I hope you enjoyed the projects.