Sandi MacIver – Stampin With Sandi – Epic Guitar with Brusho
We are taking a walk on the wild side today with Epic Guitar with Brusho. Couple of days ago, I cleaned off my stamping space, taped down a BIG trash bag, cut up a bunch of watercolour paper, turned up the tunes and played with Brusho.
What is Brusho? It’s light powder crystals full if highly pigmented colour activated by water.
You will find it in the Occasions catalogue on page 26 along with some basic instructions and a fun stamp set. The best thing to do, is like me, protect your work surface, get a bunch of watercolour paper ready (I embossed some images on some), and just play.
I won’t lie, it’s messy. I have played with it before years ago and I don’t bring it out often because I’m not fond of the mess (it’s right up there with glitter for me, haha)…but it does make the most awesome backgrounds
Tips and Tricks for the Epic Guitar With Brusho Card:
- I made sure I had a few full Spritzers handy, like half a dozen! I used my Aqua painter to make two circles on the paper, sprinkled on (a lot) of brusho, in yellow and red, and then blasted it with the spritzer. The red I went straight down, for the yellow, I held up a piece of paper to protect the rest of my table and angled the spritzer so it shot across the paper spreading the pigment out.
- I did about 20 sheets so I’ll have more to share in the future, but for putting this card together here is what I did:
- I trimmed the watercolor paper to 3-3/4 x 5 and then stamped the sentiment down the right side with Memento Tuxedo Black. I white heat embossed the sentiment on a scrap of black and trimmed it to fit before popping it up on Dimensionals.
- I attached it to a mat of Basic Black 3-7/8 x 5-1/8 and then to a 4-1/4 x 11, scored at 5-1/2 Thick Whisper White card base.
- I used the second from smallest Stitched Shapes framelits to die cut the black circle and attach that with Dimensionals as well.
The guitar is from Epic Celebration in the Sale-a-bration catalogue (earn for free). I stamped it in Memento Tuxedo Black on a 1-1/2 x 4 piece of whisper white and coloured it with my watercolor pencils before cutting it out and attaching it to the card.
The yellow stars are Regals Enamel Shapes and the black ones I coloured with a sharpie.
Kind of a RAD card don’t you think, haha…. great for the young Rock Stars in your life (or the older Air Guitarists as in our house, haha).
Thanks so much for stopping to visit with me today. Wishing you Happy Stamping and if you need supplies to create this card, I have them listed below, just click on the images.
Purchase my New Petal Palette Online Stamping Class here:
be one of 27,000+ following me on PINTEREST – My Fastest growing New Boards
- NEW – OCCASIONS CATALOGUE Samples
- NEW – Sale-a-bration Brochure Samples
- NEW – Stampin Up Card Ideas – Group Board
for the Epic Guitar With Brusho Card