Sandi MacIver – Stampin With Sandi – First Frost Colour Challenge cards
Hi stamping friends and welcome back. It’s Blog Hop Thursday around here:
and this week it’s a colour challenge.
I pulled out the beautiful First Frost Bundle to create today’s card share.
I am totally in love with the artwork in this stamp set and the amazing dies that come in the bundle. This set inspires me so much I ended up doing 3 cards instead of one!
First Frost Colour Challenge Cards – #1
I used the beautiful Frosted Floral Specialty Designer Series paper from the suite for my background. The paper is printed on Shimmery White and is STUNNING in real life (although a little hard to take a picture of).
- The catalogue says it’s Gray Granite in colour, but close enough right? haha
- I matted it with Night of Navy and the card base is Thick Whisper White.
- The floral stamp was sponged with Melon Mambo and Basic Gray before being stamped on Whisper White and die cut out.
- For the branch behind the floral piece, I cut the branch out of watercolor paper and coloured it with the Melon Mambo Ink Pad Lids and an Aqua Painter.
- The sentiment was stamped in Night of Navy onto a scrap of Whisper White and cut out with the Stitched Labels Framelits (part of the Stitched All around bundle on page 17 of the big catalogue).
For the belly band, I tore a strip of Night of Navy about 2-1/2″ wide, and embossed it with the Swirls & Curls embossing folder….all three cards have this element across them.
For Card #2, I did the “wallpaper stamping” technique, and created my own background with the stamp, and the “first Generation” stamping technique (stamping off for us older gals). Everything else is basically the same, although I did sponge a little Night of Navy onto the floral image and embellished with the Share What You Love Artisan Pearls.
First Frost Colour Challenge Cards #3
More wallpaper stamping technique with the small floral image and the branch, both in first generation/Stamped off technique with Melon Mambo and Basic Gray. Then I stamped an additional 3 small flowers and one big one, die cut them and used then as belly-band embellishments.
Now it’s time to hop over and see what my team mate Eva Dobilas have come up with for this week’s sketch. She’s an amazing stamper and I know you will love her project:
Sandi MacIver – Stampin with Sandi – you are here
I hope you enjoyed today’s project and thanks so much for stopping in to visit.
Wishing you Happy Stamping.