Sandi MacIver – Stampin with Sandi – Floral Frames Stampin Up
Hi stamping friends, I pulled out the Floral Frames bundle from Stampin Up for my card share today and I tried a new colour combo I have been working on too.
The delicate flowers and leaves from the Floral Frames bundle worked perfectly for the Freshly Made Sketches Challenge I was creating with and I love that there are two leaf dies going in different directions, it really cuts down on time needed for die cutting.
Sandi’s Tips & Tricks for the Floral Frames Stampin Up Card:
- Emboss the card front with the Petal Burst Embossing folder before attaching it to the card base.
- Stamp the floral image in Stazon Jet Black and then use the Poppy Parade and Grapefruit Grove inkpads and a blender pen to colour in the image. Die cut them out and attach them to the card front with Dimensionals to raise them slightly.
- Die cut the leaves from a piece of Coastal Cabana and attach them with glue dots.
- Cut a small strip of the Night of Navy striped designer paper from the Neutrals 6 x 6 pack and attach it across the bottom of the card.
- Add a strip of the NEW (coming in the Holiday Catalogue) Tranquil Tide 1/4″ Velvet Ribbon and attach it just above the Designer Paper.
- White Emboss the sentiment (from Stitched All around) onto a piece of Night of Navy, trim and flag tail the end before attaching it with Dimensionals.
Card stock cuts for the Floral Frames Stampin Up Card:
- Card base: Thick Whisper White 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 score and fold at 4-1/2
- Card front: Whisper White 4 x 5-1/4
- Flower: Whisper white 1-1/2 x 2
- Leaves: Coastal Cabana 3 x 4
- Sentiment: Night of Navy 1/2 x 2
- DSP strip – Neutrals 6 x 6 DSP Pack 1/2 x 3-3/4
Here are the colours I used for today’s card. I quite like them together and it gave my card a crisp clean modern feel.
I hope you enjoyed today’s project and thanks so much for stopping in to visit.
Wishing you Happy Stamping.