Hello my card making friends – I have a new share for you today, Flourishing Phrases for Freshly Made Sketches.
Using a sketch challenge is a great way to start the creative process so today I chose this week’s challenge from Freshly Made Sketches.
This week it’s a square card with square highlights, giving me the opportunity to use my favourite die set, Stitched Shapes.
Stitched Shapes Framelits are not in any current Stampin’ Up! catalogue. They have been available for a few months now as a sneak peek from the Upcoming 2017 Annual Catalogue – just use the item number quoted to order, or click on the link below
Sandi’s Tips & Tricks for the Flourishing Phrases for Freshly Made Sketches Card:
- My card base is Pool Party 5 x 10, score and fold at 5-1/2
- I cut 3 squares with the Stitched Shapes framelits (second from smallest).
- Next I used the Flourish Thinlits to die cut some embellishments for my card. I LOVE the contrast of Black on Pool Party – don’t you?
- I used Glue Dots to attach the top and bottom squares and my multi-purpose glue to attach the flourish and flower.
- For the final square, I used my stamp positioner to stamp the sentiment and then attached it with Dimensionals to add some depth to the card.
- Final embellishments – a selection of our Pearl Basic Jewels.
It’s a very clean and simple card and it took less than 10 minutes to create because my Big Shot did all the hard lifting for me.
- Card Base: Pool Party 5 x 10 – score and fold at 5
- Squares: Pool Party 2-1/2 x 6 (die cut 3)
- Embellishments: Basic Black 5 x 5
Thanks so much for visiting me today