Sandi MacIver – Stampin With Sandi – Flying Home Love
Hi Stamping Friends, as promised I’m back with another card share for you – Flying Home Love. I am going to miss this stamp set, it’s so fun to colour the images, so I had to give it one more go – Yep – it’s on the retired list, sigh!
I coupled it with something else I’m going to miss, the Sweet and Sassy Framelits – also retiring – boo hoo!
If you look closely, there are two sets of shapes in this set, and they layer beautifully. A curvy set and a basic set. There are 15 dies in total so a size for everything. Sadly, there are no new layering sets in the new catalogue, just a few that coordinate with specific stamps
How to create the Flying Home Love Card:
- I started by stamping my image on a piece of Whisper white 3-1/2 x 4-1/2 in Memento Black Ink and colouring with my Stampin Blends.
- Then I cut out my image with a heart die, cutting a larger one in Basic Black 4 x 4-1/2 to Frame it, and daring me – I used one die of each style.
- To add a little background noise, I stamped the image a couple more times on my card base of Thick Whisper White, 4-1/4 x 11, scored @ 5-1/2 so it would peek out around my art piece.
- I stamped it again on a small scrap of Whisper White so I could cut out just one flower.
- and use it as an individual (totally matching) embellishment on my card with a Brights Enamel Shape in the center.
- I Die cut the word “LOVE” and attached it to the bottom of the card. You can get the word “LOVE” from two places:
The large one is from the Sunshine Wishes Thinlits
the smaller one shown beside the card is from Lovely Words. Yes, it says lovely:
But with a little Snip – it becomes “LOVE”
I hope you enjoyed today’s project and thanks so much for stopping in to visit.
Wishing you Happy Stamping.