Sandi MacIver – Stampin With Sandi – Flying Home Love
Hi Stamping Friends, as promised I’m back with another card share for you – Flying Home Love. I am going to miss this stamp set, it’s so fun to colour the images, so I had to give it one more go – Yep – it’s on the retired list, sigh!
I coupled it with something else I’m going to miss, the Sweet and Sassy Framelits – also retiring – boo hoo!
If you look closely, there are two sets of shapes in this set, and they layer beautifully. A curvy set and a basic set. There are 15 dies in total so a size for everything. Sadly, there are no new layering sets in the new catalogue, just a few that coordinate with specific stamps
How to create the Flying Home Love Card:
- I started by stamping my image on a piece of Whisper white 3-1/2 x 4-1/2 in Memento Black Ink and colouring with my Stampin Blends.
- Then I cut out my image with a heart die, cutting a larger one in Basic Black 4 x 4-1/2 to Frame it, and daring me – I used one die of each style.
- To add a little background noise, I stamped the image a couple more times on my card base of Thick Whisper White, 4-1/4 x 11, scored @ 5-1/2 so it would peek out around my art piece.
- I stamped it again on a small scrap of Whisper White so I could cut out just one flower.
- and use it as an individual (totally matching) embellishment on my card with a Brights Enamel Shape in the center.
- I Die cut the word “LOVE” and attached it to the bottom of the card. You can get the word “LOVE” from two places:
The large one is from the Sunshine Wishes Thinlits
the smaller one shown beside the card is from Lovely Words. Yes, it says lovely:
But with a little Snip – it becomes “LOVE”
If you have the Stampin Blends and would like lessons on how I colour with them, along with 8 great card ideas, I share all that in my Online Stamping Class: Flying Home
You can purchase this class here:
- There are 4 videos you can watch anytime you like, anywhere you like and as often as you like. They walk you through each step of my colour process for this lovely stamp set.
- I also give you a second card idea/layout for each project, with a Card Info Sheet for each one covering the supplies, cutting instructions and step by step completion of each card.
For the Flying Home Love Card
I hope you enjoyed today’s project and thanks so much for stopping in to visit.
Wishing you Happy Stamping.