Sandi MacIver – Stampin With Sandi – Flying Home Stampin Up.
Sometimes our creativity needs a little boost and that’s when I start checking out challenge sites. It’s also great fun to play along with these challenges and see what they inspired others to create. The Card Concept Challenge for this week: intrigued me:
From their challenge, I took the little blue bird, the yellow and the stripes in the carpet along with the clean and simple design.
Then I combined it with the Sketch challenge over at Freshly Made Sketches:
And my Colours also work for the Inspired by Challenge for this week too:
Sandi’s Tips & Tricks for the Flying Home Stampin Up Card:
- I started by embossing the card front with the Simple Stripes Embossing Folder before mounting it to a Pool Party mat. I cut a piece of card stock from the Sale-a-bration Tutti Frutti Cards & Envelopes pack for my designer paper across the front.
- Next I wrapped a piece of Crushed Curry 3/8″ Mini Chevron ribbon around the piece, then Linen Thread three times, before mounting the whole thing to my Thick Whisper White card base.
- I stamped the image in Memento Tuxedo Black and coloured it with my Stampin Blends before die cutting it with the Stitched Shapes Framelits and layering Circles Framelits for the Pool Party mat.
- Next I got out the Colorful Seasons Stamp Set and coordinating Seasonal layers Thinlits to die cut the branch, which I used as an overlay, and the three flowers creating a more 3-d effect to my art piece.
- I used my Dark Daffodil Delight Blends to colour three small pearls to use as the flower centers.
Ok, how did my Clean and Simple card use so many Stampin Supplies, LOL.
DON’T FORGET – to leave a comment on this post:
for a chance to win the Bloomin Basket Bundle
For the Flying Home Stampin Up Card:
- Card Base: Thick Whisper White 4-1/4 x 11, score and fold at 5-1/2, Mat: Pool Party 4 x 5-1/4, card front: Whisper White 3-7/8 x 5-1/8, Band: Tutti Frutti Cards 7 Envelopes (sale-a-bration)
- Art piece: Scalloped Circle Mat: Pool Party 3-1/2″ square, Art Piece: Whisper White 3-1/2″ square
- Branch: Crumb Cake 2 x 5 and Flowers: Whisper White 1 x 4
I hope you enjoyed today’s project and thanks so much for stopping in to visit.
Wishing you Happy Stamping.