Hey there – welcome back. I love to garden and I’m impatiently awaiting springs arrival. Until them, I’m creating cards with flowers like this one called Grow Your Own Way.
I tripped over these stamps while cruising the Simon Says Stamp site a few weeks back and had to have them – LOOK – FLOWERS! haha. I have a big love affair with the Impression Obsessions stamp collection. Their stamps are fun, quirky, and some times a tad sarcastic (just like me!) haha.
I decided to knock the dust of my Zig Markers for today’s project – have not loved on them for some time, so we have a BRIGHT in your face CAS card today.
What’s your favorite coloring medium? watercolor pens/pencils, aqua painter, colored pencils? Would love to hear!
Tips and Tricks for the “Grow Your Own Way” card:
- Start by using VersaFine Onyx Black to stamp the images onto the Ranger Watercolor Paper with the Misti Stampin Tool. I LOVE my Misti, just in case I need to stamp a second time, and perfect for lining things up too.
- VersaFine Onyx Black Ink is waterproof and I knew I was going to use my Zig Markers to colour with.
- Start by painting a small part of the image with the Zig markers and then use a water brush to blend and pull out the colour.
- Colours used: 81, 84, 44, 48, 42, 33 – 22, 23, 20, 27 – 50, 52, 60, 65, 63. Pretty much a light and a dark for each colour and for the sunflower I added orange and brown.
- Use turquoise and light green on the word “grow”.
- Once the image is dry, do a little highlighting with a Ranger white gel pen, it really pops on those bright colours.
- Click the button below to download/print a FREE PDF file for today’s card, along with cutting instructions, and list of products used.
Don’t forget to check out my FREE PDF GALLERY for more great card ideas.
Thanks so much for visiting me today and I hope you enjoyed the project. The products I used are listed below for you.
I’ve listed the products I used below. Clicking on the image will take you directly to the product. Where available I use compensated affiliate links which means if you make a purchase through my link, I receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thank you so very much for your support, it helps to keep my blog and YouTube channel running and I truly appreciate it.