Hi stamping friends and welcome back to my card making blog. Today’s share is Happiest of Days and the Spotlight Technique:
The Spotlight Technique is super easy and can be created in many shapes and forms. For today’s card, I chose to die cut the images with the Stitched Shapes Framelits to pop them up, and to colour the highlighted sections with the SOON to be Available Stampin’ Blends Alcohol Markers.
After I die cut and coloured the images, I slipped a little piece of Pink Pirouette card stock under each, just to frame it out and SPOTLIGHT the images.
This card fits into a business sized envelope, so the finished size is 4 x 9-1/4. I used the Happiest of Days Stampin Up Stamp Set which includes this lovely cabbage rose and sentiment, perfect for so many occasions.
you can find another version of the Spotlight Technique using the Stampin Up Penned and Painted Stamp Set here:
and another here with a video – using the Birthday Blooms Stamp Set – and a quick lesson in using the Aqua Painter and ink pad lids to colour this pretty floral image.
- Card Base: 8 x 9-1/4, score and fold at 4
- Card Front – 3-1/2 x 8-3/4
- Mats for Die cuts: Pink Pirouette 1-3/8 square (2) and 1-7/8 square.
Thanks so much for stopping to visit with me today
- be one of 25,000+ following me on PINTEREST
- My Fastest Growing Board – NEW – 2017 Annual Catalog Pin Board – over 2,700 pins
- NEW – Holiday Catalogue 2017 – over – 1,000 pins