Hi crafty friends and welcome back to my card making blog. Today I’m sharing a brand new stamp set Happiest of Days from Stampin Up. You can find it on page 70 of the New Annual Catalogue.
This delightful stamp set hit my Top Ten list with it’s wispy images and fun fonts. While it’s in the “birthday” section of the catalogue, two of the sentiments are all occasions, as are the colorable images. The parcels would lend themselves nicely to Christmas, the cake would make a spectacular wedding or anniversary card. This set is definitely worth a peek or two.
For today’s card, I started with the Freshly Made Sketches Challenge – this provided my layout and the cutting instructions are at the end of the post for you
Next, I chose the Naturally Eclectic Designer Series Paper.
It added some background “noise” for my art piece, and the colour choices for my images.
Sandi’s Tips & Tricks for the Happiest of Days from Stampin Up Card
- I used the second largest Stitched Shapes Circle for my art piece.
- I colored each word separately with my Black Stampin Write Marker (make sure you clean well in between stamping the words – that rose on the left is there for a reason, haha…).
- The cake and roses are stamped on an additional piece of Whisper White.
- I colored them with my blender pen and ink pads: Lemon Lime Twist, Soft Sky and Emerald Envy. Don’t you love the softer colours you get when you use the blender pen?
- I fussy cut the images and used the new MINI Dimensionals to attach them to the art piece.
- Behind the art piece, I folded a small strip of the NEW Soft Sky 3/8″ Classic Weave Ribbon….can’t begin to tell you how soft and subtle this ribbon is – it’s Fabulous.
thanks so much for stopping and visiting me today, I hope you enjoyed today’s project.
- be one of 24,900 following me on PINTEREST
- NEW – 2017 Annual Catalog Pin Board – over 980 pins
- NEW – Eastern Palace Suite Pin Board
- Daisy Delight Board – over 300 pins
- NEW – Colorful Seasons Pin Board
- Base: Thick Whisper White 4-1/4 x 11, score and fold at 5-1/2
- Soft Sky 3-1/4 x 4-1/2
- Naturally Eclectic Designer Series paper – top piece 1 x 3-1/8, bottom piece 3-1/8 x 3-1/4
- Art Pieces and circle: Whisper White 3-1/2 x 4