Sandi MacIver- Stampin With Sandi – Ink and Paper Artist – Happiness Surrounds Floral Card
Hi stamping friends, welcome back for another Happy Stampers Blog Hop
This week we have a sketch challenge to share with you:
I decided to use some of the November Snowflake Showcase Bundle from Stampin Up , as it’s only available for a ONE MORE DAY. This time I’m using the Happiness Surrounds stamp set with the coordinating Snowfall Thinlits.
I couldn’t decided if I wanted all Pool Party blue flowers, or one of each colour, so I did two cards – which one do you like better?
How I created the Happiness Surrounds Floral Cards:
- I started by heat embossing the large floral with White Embossing powder, and then die cutting the different layers.
- Note, I ended up using 4 of the brown branches and 4 of the white berry branches for the final card.
- Next I used the Tin Tile Embossing folder and embossed the 3-7/8 square piece of crumb cake.
- I used my finger to add some Frost White Shimmer Paint to the surface.
- Next I matted it to the 4″ square of Pool Party card stock before wrapping a piece of the Pool Party 3/8″ Shimmer Ribbon around it, securing the ends at the back.
- I white Heat embossed the large image on the card base to add a little “background noise”.
- Attach the Embossed Crumb Cake piece to the bottom of the card base.
- I layered all the flower pieces before attaching them with a large dimensional
- I stamped the sentiment on a scrap of Whisper White and attached it with Mini Dimensionals
- Next, I used multipurpose glue to attach the berry branches and leaves.
- Finally, I used my Crumb Cake Stampin Blends to colour some medium sized pearls to use on the white background of my card, and some regular pearls for the crumb cake portion of my card.
My personal preference is this card. I think the contrast of the two colours makes the design pop a bit more, and that top Crumb Cake flower, reminds me of white icing on Gingerbread cookies, YUMMY!, haha
Now it’s time to hop over and see what my team mates have come up with for this week’s sketch. They are both very creative so I know you are going to love their projects. You can click on the Next button, or on the names below to visit their blogs:
Sandi MacIver – Stampin with Sandi – you are here
Marilyn Pearen – Creating art with Marilyn
I hope you enjoyed today’s project and thanks so much for stopping in to visit.