Hi Stamping friends and welcome back to my card making blog. I have a really cool share for you today, Happy Birthday Gorgeous – Eclipse Card…
The Stampin Up Happy Birthday Gorgeous is our Challenge for this month’s Stamp to Share Blog Hop – so hop along with us for all kinds of great ideas for this fun bundle found on page 77 of the Annual Catalogue.
The bundle comes with a very cool “Happy Birthday” die (pg 213), but I decided to use the Large Letter Framelits instead so I could create an Eclipse Card. Can you see just the shadow of black behind each letter?
This set is also a two step stamp set, so I stamped the outline of the flower first, and then filled it in with Berry Burst and Flirty Flamingo as the second step. The leaves are done in Old Olive, but you KNOW that Lemon Lime Twist looks lovely here too, haha….I made myself not use it today!
Then I created that cute little matching gift box to go with it. It’s 2 x 2 square, and the little tag was created using the Scalloped Tag Topper Punch, Gold Library Clip and the sentiment is White Heat Embossed onto black card stock.
Tips & Tricks for the Happy Birthday Gorgeous – Eclipse Card:
This card is 5 x 7 finished.
- Stamp across your card front – of whisper white measuring 4-5/8 x 6-5/8.
- Draw a faint pencil line to line your letters up on.
- Lay your card front on your Big Shot Cutting Plate, lay the dies down in a row, if you have a duplicate letter, you will need to mark the placement with a pencil to ensure you leave enough room (as I had to with the”P”).
- Run it through the big shot and save all the pieces.
- Glue the card front to the mat (mine is the Basic Black 4-3/4 x 6-3/4).
- Lay the A and P’s back in without gluing them down as you are using them for placement only, to glue the center pieces down.
- Glue the card front to the card base – Berry Burst 7 x 10, score and fold at 5.
- Add Dimensionals to the backs of all the letters and place them back onto the card front.
- Add the ribbon across the bottom
- White Heat Emboss the “birthday” from the Big On Birthdays Stampin Up set, trim and attach to the bottom of the card with Dimensionals.
- Stamp and cut out extra flowers and leaves to embellish.
Now it’s time to go and see what the rest of the “Stamp to Share” Designers have come up with for this month’s challenge.
Click the button below to Hop on over to the amazing Paula Dobson’s blog – she always has the best projects to share with us:
If you get lost along the way, here is a list of our Design Team members – just click on their name to visit:
Thanks so much for stopping in and happy card making
- be one of 24,700 following me on PINTEREST
- My Fastest Growing Board – NEW – 2017 Annual Catalog Pin Board – over 2,000 pins
- NEW – Holiday Catalogue 2017
- NEW – Tranquil Tulips Board
- New – Lemon Zest Board
- Daisy Delight Board – over 300 pins
- NEW – Colorful Seasons Pin Board