Sandi MacIver – Stampin With Sandi – Healing Hugs from Stampin Up
I pulled out another new stamp set from the 2019 – 2019 Stampin Up Annual catalogue to create my card for today’s share. Say hello to Healing Hugs from Stampin Up. It’s a DistINKtive stamp set with fabulous Images and great fonts in the sentiments.
The layout of today’s card share was inspired by the Hand Stamped Sketch Sentiments #295
Perfect layout for a clean and simple card don’t you think and this stamp set is perfect for just that.
Sandi’s Tips & Tricks for the Healing Hugs from Stampin Up Card:
- Use the Stampin Trimmer to cut a Granny Apple Green card base at 4-1/4 x 11 and then score and fold at 5-1/2 to create the card base.
- Cut another piece of the Granny Apple Green card stock at 3-7/8 x 5-1/8 to create the mat behind the art piece and 5/8 x 3-3/4 for the sentiment.
- The card front/art piece is Whisper White 3-3/4 x 5. Use the *Second Generation stamping technique to stamp the outlined leaves from the top right corner down to the bottom left.
- *Second Generation Stamping Technique: ink the stamp, stamp on scrap paper and then stamp on your art piece for a slightly lighter image.
- Use another piece of Whisper White 4 x 4 to create the flowers and leaves.
- I stamped the first layer of the flower in Mango Melody, then sponged Poppy Parade into just a few places and stamped it again. Using the Stamparatus allows for crisp results and perfect placement for two step stamping techniques.
- I stamped the rose petals three times in Granny Apple Green before fussy cutting them and the flower out.
- I used the VersaMark Ink to stamp the sentiment, covered it with White Embossing Powder and heat set it to have the sentiment POP off the band before attaching it to the card front with Snail Adhesive.
- Next, I used Snail to attach it to the Granny Apple Green Mat and then Dimensionals to attach it to the card base.
- I used Dimensionals to raise my flowers and leaves to create a simple 3-d effect on the front of my card and finished it off with a Linen Thread bow and 3 Adhesive backed Sequins.
Super simple and really pretty, I love the layers of Mango Melody and Poppy Parade together.
I hope you enjoyed today’s project and thanks so much for stopping in to visit.
Wishing you Happy Stamping.