Sandi MacIver – Stampin With Sandi – Hearts Come Home Little Red Village Card
Hi Stampers, I wanted to share some fun I had yesterday creating this Hearts Come Home Little Red Village Card:
The Hearts Come Home bundle is on page 39 of the Holiday Catalogue and ordering the stamps/dies together will save you 10% on your total order.
The Stamps are available in wood mount #146065 and clear mount #146068 and the dies in the bundle, cut like butter making it super easy to create cards like this with just a few passes through your Big Shot Machine.
Add a little water colouring in your favourite colours to create your special village.
Sandi’s Tips & Tricks for the Hearts Come Home Little Red Village Card:
- I cut the two strips of houses/church from watercolor paper
- The larger trees are dies from the Card Front Builder Thinlits Set (page 13 of the holiday catalogue) – also cut from watercolor paper
- The tall white tree in the background on the right is the branch die from the Seasonal Layers Thinlit Set – cut in Whisper White – twice and layered.
- Once they were all cut out, I water coloured them with an aqua painter and Real Red and Old Olive Ink pads. I did two layers of the painting to ensure the colour was nice and deep.
- The background of the art piece is 4-1/4 x 5-1/2 Whisper White. I sponged the sky in Tempting Turquoise. I also added a little sponging in the snow under the village.
- The pond was coloured with my Aqua Painter, and I cut an extra strip of houses/trees to get the two extra trees and the snowman down in the foreground.
- When constructing the layers, I used Dimensionals to pop up the bottom layer just to add a little depth to the picture. The large trees are also added with Dimensionals.
- For the frame: I used my Stampin Trimmer, and a piece of Thick Whisper White 4-1/4 x 5-1/2. I placed it in the trimmer and cut a 1/4″ frame.
- Once my art piece was constructed, I attached it to a Thick Whisper White card base, 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 scored and folded at 4-1/4 and then used multi purpose glue to add the frame over it.
- And special thanks to Jill Foster for the inspiration for this card.
Thanks so much for stopping to visit with me today
- be one of 25,000 following me on PINTEREST
- My Fastest Growing Board – NEW – 2017 Annual Catalog Pin Board – over 2,700 pins
- NEW – Holiday Catalogue 2017 – over – 1,000 pins