Sandi MacIver – Stampin With Sandi – Helping me Grow with Watercolor Pencils
Hi stamping friends, for my share today I’m willing spring to arrive haha, with Helping me Grow with Watercolor Pencils.
With the new catalogue sneaking up on us, I decided it was time to give some of my older stamps a little love before they possibly retire. Check back with me the afternoon of April 10th and I’ll have the entire list posted for you.
Next to stamping, colouring is one of my passions, so this set was perfect with my new Watercolour Pencils. I sat in a sunny window creating this card and the time just flew by. I find colouring very relaxing do you?
Sandi’s Tips & Tricks – for the Helping me Grow with Watercolor Pencils card:
- I coloured the images with my watercolour pencils, used my aqua painter to blend the colours and then I cut out the images. They are attached with Dimensionals to add some height
- I used the sentiments in the set and the “generation stamping” technique (ink, stamp on scrap paper and then on your art piece without reinking), to create the back ground wallpaper in Crumb Cake.
- The purple watercolour pencils is actually Rich Razzleberry, but once you water it down, it resembles Perfect Plum which is the colour I chose for down the side of my card.
- I heat embossed the sentiment in white on a scrap of Basic Black and attached it with Dimensionals to my card front.
- A little Linen Thread down the left side aids in the transformation between the card stock and adds texture to my card.
- A sprinkling of small pearls completes the embellishing.
Above is the colour challenge sample for this card and yes I did cheat, there is a small amount of Daffodil Delight in my flowers too, LOL…anyway, give the colour challenge a try and then load your card over in our Stampin with Sandi Hangout in Facebook . Not a member yet? no problem, just click here and ask to join
click the images below for a larger view, more details and to add to your shopping bag:
- Card Base: Crumb Cake 4-1/4 x 11, score and fold at 5-1/2
- Mat: Basic Black, 3-3/4 x 5
- Card Front: Whisper White 3-5/8 x 4-7/8
- Strip down left side: Perfect Plus 1/2 x 4-7/8
- Flowers: Watercolor Paper 4 x 5 (cut out after colouring)
- Sentiment: Basic Black 1 x 2 – trimmed after heat embossing
Thanks so much for visiting me today