Around here we are looking forward to a Wonderful Year ahead. We spent the weekend decorating the tree, wrapping parcels, getting them in the mail to loved ones and enjoying some quiet family time together.
I snuck in a little quiet time this morning too (after I cleaned all the decorations off my worktable LOL), to create this CAS Card (clean and simple).
As we get down to the crunch and our holiday cards should be in the mail, I like to take the stress off by creating simple cards using minimal supplies that I can mass product. This is one such card.
Sandi’s Tips & Tricks:
Do each of these steps 10 times and you will be totally surprised how quickly you can create 10 beautiful cards.
- Cut the Thick Whisper White Card base 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 – 10 times (5 pieces of cardstock)
- Cut the Whisper White Card front 4 x 5-1/4 – 10 times (2-1/2 pieces of cardstock)
- Cut the Kraft cardstock art piece 2-1/2 x 4 – 10 times (1 sheet of 12 x 12 Kraft cardstock)
- Cut the Whisper White mat for the art piece 2-5/8 x 4-1/8 – 10 times (2 pieces of cardstock).
- Stamp the sentiment in Versamark Ink, cover with White Embossing powder, shake off the excess and heat set (10 times)
- Tap the art piece to the card front (with a small amount of snail as you will have to remove it to add the mat).
- Use Crumb Cake Ink and the snowflake stamps from Stitched with Cheer and randomly stamp the background.
- Pull them all apart again (when the ink is dry), and add the mat to each of the art pieces.
- Attach the card front to the card base with Fast Fuse or Snail.
- Attach the layered art piece with Dimensionals.
- Wrap Linen Thread around the top 3 times tying off in a bow in the top left corner
- Add 3 Rhinestones to the center of 3 large snowflakes.
There you go – 10 cards made.
Before you clean those snowflake stamps;
Add a sentiment and some snowflakes to the inside of the card as well.
Both of these stamp sets are in the Stampin Up Holiday Catalogue, Wonderful Year is on page 28 (and retiring) and Stitched with Cheer is on page 34 – The clear mount set is currently on sale for 50% off
You still have time to order both of these and receive them in enough time to create your holiday cards.
Blog Candy Draw from last Monday:
The winner is – Martha Loge – congratulations Martha and please e-mail me with your address so I can mail your prize to you.
Thanks so much for visiting me today, I hope you enjoyed the projects.