Sandi MacIver – Stampin With Sandi – Lots of Love Stampin Up
Hi Stampers, today’s share is created with the Lots of Love Stampin Up Stamp Set.
I’m like a kid in a candy store right now with all these new stamp sets from the Annual Catalogue and it’s so hard to decide which one to play with next. I have been busy taping the Online Stamping Class Videos for July, but I took a little break today to have some stamping fun and chose LOTS OF LOVE.
Of course, I had to combine it with my FAVOURITE Designer Paper, Whole Lot of Lovely, and I couldn’t stop at just one card, so here are two for you.
I even did a colour inspiration for you: why not give it a try, and then load your pictures to share with us over at the Stampin With Sandi Hangout – on Facebook – we would love to have you join us over there.
Sandi’s Tips & Tricks: for the Lots of Love Stampin Up Card#1
Love the font and so I inked it up with a really juicy Archival Basic Black Ink Pad and stamped onto a crisp Whisper White Panel. Framing it in Black really sets it off.
Layering with the Whole Lot of Lovely Designer Paper – I think I already stated it was my favourite, so no shock it’s making a second appearance right LOL? With splashes of Crushed Curry, Pear Pizzazz, Pool Party, Powder Pink, Soft Suede, Tangerine Tango and Tranquil Tide, highlighted with black, it can be bold and dramatic to make a BIG statement, or soft and subtle to declare love. A beautiful wedding or anniversary card or perhaps sympathy card for the loss of someone dear. Truly a versatile selection of Designer Paper.
Here is a peek at this amazing stamp set.
I adore all the flowery elements that go with it. The wreath image can be punched out with the 1-3/4″ circle punch and the heart can be die cut with the Sweet & Sassy Framelits.
For the above card, I stamped and cut out two flowers, along with the single and double leaves. Layering the flowers provides some depth and interest, and the perfect pop of colour to my Whisper White Panel. Clean and Simple in 10 minutes or less!
- Card base: Pool Party 4-1/4 x 11, score and fold at 5-1/2
- Mat: Basic Black 3-7/8 x 5-1/8
- Designer Paper: Whole Lot of Lovely 3-3/4 x 5
- Mat: Basic Black 2-7/8 x 4-1/8
- Card front/Art Piece: Whisper White 2-3/4 x 4
- Flowers and leaves: Whisper White 4 x 4
Card #2 has another of my FAVOURITE Things…..– the NEW Ruffled 3-d Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing Folder (seriously – LONG name) but created this beautiful background for my card.
This is a seriously awesome embossed image. If you have not tried it yet – I would highly recommend it.
Tips & Tricks for the Lots of Love Stampin Up Card #2
- Cut a couple of the designer paper into 1/2″ strips to use as little splashes of colour
- I used my Pear Pizzazz and Basic Black Markers to stamp the wreath image in two colours before easily punching it out with the 1-3/4″ circle punch.
- I layered it with the Layering Circle framelits cut in pear pizzazz with a pretty scalloped edge.
- Before mounting the sentiment on the card, I looped some Gold Metallic Thread, then a folded piece of the Pool Party 3/8″ shimmery ribbon and glued it in place.
- Added my sentiment with Dimensionals and then embellished with more flowers and leaves.
- I decided it needed just a touch more bling!
Say hello to Iridescent Sequins. Found on page 197 of the Annual catalogue and come in two colours – Iridescent as above, and Metallics…. they are also in a variety of sizes making them the perfect embellishment.
- Card Base: Thick Whisper White 5-1/2 x 8-1/2, score and fold at 4-1/4
- Card Front: whisper white 4 x 5-1/4 – embossed with the Ruffled Embossing Folder
- Wreath: Whisper White 2-1/2, and Pear Pizzazz 2-1/2 squares.
- Flowers and Leaves: Whisper White 4 x 4
- Whole Lot of Lovely Designer Paper – two strips 1/2 x 5, trim to fit.
Thanks so much for visiting, I hope you enjoyed today’s projects.
- be one of 25,000 following me on PINTEREST
- NEW – 2017 Annual Catalog Pin Board – over 1,100 pins
- NEW – Eastern Palace Suite Pin Board
- Daisy Delight Board – over 300 pins
- NEW – Colorful Seasons Pin Board