HI stamping friends, today on my paper crafting blog, I’m sharing Mediterranean Moments, a nice thought as e got 15Cm of snow yesterday, haha.
Truthfully, I have had this Mediterranean Moments stamp set for over 2 months, I don’t know what took so long to play with it – but if you enjoy colouring – it’s spot on!
I was daydreaming of walking down a lovely village street in Italy, you know the ones with the brightly coloured doors and all the lovely plants cascading out of their terracotta pots. I thought it would be nice to sit on that little bench and read a book in the sun!….with a glass of wine of course, tee hee.
Sandi’s Tips & Tricks for the Mediterranean Moments Card
- Stamp the image in StazOn Black onto a piece of watercolor paper
- Give the whole thing a light wash of Crumb Cake. the darker brown highlights are a second and third layer of crumb cake.
- I used my black watercolor pencil for the highlights near the top of the picture
- The greenery is done in Old Olive and Wild Wasabi, basically I blotched on old olive and then filled in the white spots with Wild Wasabi – how’s that for technical, haha…
- Bermuda Bay was used for the door, the bench, and the sky at the end of the alley.
- I used Cajun Craze for all the terracotta coloured pieces, and I am loving the warmth of that colour combined with the Bermuda Bay – very Mediterranean!
The stamp set comes in Wood or Clear mount and has 4 lovely images to colour so I know I’ll be coming back to this, maybe tonight as the next storm blows in, ha-ha.
I decided to keep the rest of the card real simple so it didn’t compete with the art piece.
- Card Base: Thick Whisper White 4-1/4 x 11, score and fold at 5-1/2
- Mat: Basic Black 3-3/4 x 5
- Art Piece: Watercolor Paper 3-1/2 x 4-3/4
Thanks so much for visiting me today.