Sandi MacIver – Stampin with Sandi Ink and Paper Artist – Merry Christmas to All
Hi stamping friends and welcome to another Ink It Stamp it Blog Hop. This is a group of amazing stampers from around the world so be sure and hop through the full line up for some great stamping inspiration. This month our challenge is “Christmas” SO I have a Merry Christmas to All card and treat box to share with you. We would love to hear from you so don’t forget to leave a comment too.
There are so many wonderful bundles in this year’s Stampin Up Holiday catalogue it was really hard to decide what to use, but recently I have been having fun with the Making Christmas Bright Bundle on pages 6 – 7, and in particular, that adorable Christmas Bulb Builder Punch…..so here’s what I came up with.
Here’s How I created the Merry Christmas to All Card:
- I started with a 3-7/8 x 5-1/8 piece of Pool Party and used the background stamp from the Beautiful Blizzard stamp set, to create the background for my card.
- Next I punched out a bunch of lights from scraps of Lovely Lipstick, Powder Pink, Lemon Lime Twist and Whisper White. Then I punched just the bases from scraps of the Silver Foil Sheet.
- I used glue dots to attach the silver cord (retired Stampin UP) to the card, and then Mini Dimensionals to attach my light bulbs.
- My sentiment is cut with the Merry Christmas Thinlits and the Merry Christmas to All Stamp Set
- The art piece is matted to a 4 x 5-1/4 piece of Whisper White and then to a 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 card base, folded at 4-1/4
- For the sentiment, I cut the Happy from a piece of Lovely Lipstick with the Merry Christmas Thinlits. The “Holiday” is stamped on a scrap of Whisper White with Pool Party Ink and then matted to a piece of Lemon Lime Twist.
- For the little gift box, I used the Takeout Thinlits Dies that are in the Halloween section of the catalogue on page 50. You can cut one box from a half sheet of card stock, and I decorated it to match.
Here’s a close up of the card so you can see the great texture in the background and the adorable punched lights, LOVE them.
Thank’s so much for hopping with us today. We hope you’ll join us again next month. I’m Sandi MacIver and to keep hopping around see the list below. If you are reading this post by e-mail, you will need to click here to visit my blog for the list.
I hope you enjoyed today’s project and thanks so much for stopping in to visit.