Hi card making friends, my share today is created with Stampin Up Mixed Drinks for Father’s Day.
As Father’s Day cards is our challenge this month for the Dream Theme Design Team.
I’m quite excited that the Mixed Drinks stamp set is flowing through to the New Catalogue as I purchased it a bit ago and have not had time to play with it yet…until today of course.
Sandi’s Tips & Tricks:
Mixed Drinks for Father’s Day – Card #1
- I decided to make “background noise” or “wallpaper” with the main stamp element to add cohesiveness to the card.
- I used the Stitched Shapes Framelits for my art piece and mat for a little definition around the main element.
- Then I stamped the sentiment in VersaMark Ink and Heat set it white embossing powder so that it POPPED off the basic black
TRY – Two Step Stamping – fastest way EVER to fill a beer haha….
- Stamp the mug in Basic Black.
- Stamp the “beer” in Crushed Curry right over the mug to fill it.
Mixed Drinks for Father’s Day Card #2
- I used a scrap of the Urban Underground Designer Paper as my background (retiring)
- Then I embossed a strip of Old Olive with the Sparkle Embossing Folder
- I Two Step Stamped the Beer mug and then stamped it again so I could cut out just the “foam” for an overlay
- Try stamping the sentiment in black on a scrap of white card stock and then cutting it apart for some added interest.
Now it’s time to check out what the rest of the design team created, I know you are absolutely going to love the projects these talented ladies have created for you. Click the Next Button to visit Jennifer Pauli in Germany and if you get lost along the way, here is a complete list of everyone participating.
1. Teneale Williams (Australia)
2. Patrice Halliday-Larsen (New Zealand)
3. Tracy May (UK)
4. Amy Koenders (USA)
5. Renate Ecklmayr (Austria)
6. Sandi MacIver (Canada)
7. Jennifer Pauli (Germany)
8. Krista Driessen (Netherlands)
- be one of 24,800 following me on PINTEREST
- NEW – 2017 Annual Catalog Pin Board
- NEW – Eastern Palace Suite Pin Board