Sandi MacIver – Stampin With Sandi – Moon Baby New Arrival Card
I was so excited to create this card for a very special friend who is having her first Baby…Congrats Miss Dee..
While I love the little umbrella in the Stamp Set, I decided that Balloons might be more fun, so I coupled it with Birthday Banners and the coordinating Balloon Bouquet Punch.
Sadly, this is another set retiring with the Annual Catalogue, and I’m going to miss that happy little face!.
How to create the Moon Baby New Arrival Card:
- I started with a background of pretty cloud designer paper from Myths and Magic 3-5/8 x 4-7/8, matted to Calypso Coral 3-3/4 x 5 and then a Thick Whisper White Card Base 4-1/4 x 11, scored and folded at 5-1/2.
- I stamped the baby on watercolor paper and coloured her with my Aqua Painter and ink pads, Calypso Coral, Blushing Bride and Pink Pirouette (it’s a girl), haha. When she was dry, I cut her out.
- Then I searched through all of my designer paper for just the right patterns and colours for balloons. I found them in Whole Lot of Lovely, Naturally Eclectic and Painted with Love.
- I stamped the balloon and then punched them out.
- For the Heart Balloon in the center, I used the Sweet & Sassy (heart shaped) Framelits, and die cut the balloon and used my Black Stampin-Write Marker to add the stitches around the edge.)
- I drew in the strings to attach the balloons and then attached them with glue dots and Dimensionals to stack them for added depth.
- For the inside of the card, I added the same layers and stamped the little stuffed animal stamp across the bottom and coloured those in as well.
PDF for this card will be included in the Sunday Rewind Post.
I hope you enjoyed today’s project and thanks so much for stopping in to visit.
Wishing you Happy Stamping.