Sandi MacIver – Papercraft Artist – New Video – Masculine Feather Card
Hi stamping friends, today I’m sharing a new Video – Masculine Feather Card and it’s created with a lovely new stamp/die set from Creative Dies Designs. I received the Feather Stamp/Die Bundle through Craft Stash in the Uk, have a check in their website, they have some amazing stamps that I have never seen before, so I’m having a blast playing with some of them. Can you stand it, this feather is Zentangled!
This is also another simple watercolor technique, using only 4 colours to create this stunning card.
The Creative Dies Designs – Feathers stamp/die set has a total of three stamps (1 large and two small feathers) in the set along with coordinating dies which I didn’t use for today’s card, but I will in the near future.
Some Tips and Tricks from the New Video – Masculine Feather Card:
- Dilute the Gansai Tambi watercolor paint for the first layer of wash, then pick up more colour to add the shadows.
- You can lighten an area by painting over it with a clean wet brush, and dabbing it with a tissue (it will pick up the wet paint)
- Let the image dry or heat set it before adding the pearlized white, so it sits on top of the dry paint, instead of soaking in (If you want it really white).
- Then go back and lightly feather the edges with the underlying colour to blend it in slightly.
- TIP if you add the pearlized white over a wet colour, it does kind of blend right in.
- When you go to put your card together, use good strong adhesive. I like Scor Tape, Especially for the art piece, it’s watercolor paper and it got wet, so it’s quite warped. Using a strong adhesive will make the art piece lay flat and give you a nice professional finish to your card.
- For the Glimmer Mist, add a bit of White Perfect Pearls and water to a Distress Sprayer – use the sprayer, or take the lid off and use a paint brush (as I did in the video) to splatter the Distress Oxide Ink.
Click the button below to download a FREE PDF for The Masculine Feather card:
and check out my PDF Gallery for more great card ideas
I combined my art piece with this LOVELY, Tonic – Silver Silk Designer Paper. This stuff is amazing, it’s heavy, metallic and has a grain embossed in it. I did a bit of sponging and splatter down the left side of my art piece and then added a White Heat Embossed Sentiment using the Altenew Fresh Freesia Stamp/Die Bundle.
Here is the video walking you through the steps I took in creating this card. If you are reading this in an e-mail, you may need to CLICK HERE to watch it on my blog – or head over to my YouTube Channel and watch it in HD.
Thanks so much for visiting me today and I hope you enjoyed the project. We would love to see your stamping projects over on our Stamp to Share Facebook Group – just request to join and I’ll approve you.
Craft Stash is a UK Company, with excellent customer Service and quick Shipping to North America. Tell them I sent you and receive 20% off on your first order,when you sign up for their newsletter – it’s worth it, – they have great sales each week.
I’ve listed the products I used below. Clicking on the image will take you directly to the product. Where available I use compensated affiliate links which means if you make a purchase through my link, I receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thank you so very much for your support, it helps to keep my blog and YouTube channel running and I truly appreciate it.
for Days Masculine Feather Card: