Sometimes it’s fun to use a stamp set for a different occasion than it’s originally intended purpose – like today’s share – Owl Always Love you with Cozy Critters.
Cozy Critters is one of the Host Stamp Sets from the Holiday Catalogue, intended to create Christmas Cards….BUT it’s also perfect for a Valentine’s card too.
To obtain this stamp set a $200. or higher order is required as it can only be purchased with Host Dollars, and it retires Jan 3/2017.
Note, I completed the card with the owls stamped on white and then decided to stamp them on Crumb Cake, so the tutorial pictures below all show the owls on white. Sorry about that, but hey, I changed my mind, haha…
and a thank you to the Penny Black artists for the inspiration for this card.
Sandi’s Tips & Tricks:
- Stamp the owls in Early Espresso ink onto Crumb Cake cardstock and then punch them out with the Owl Builder Punch
- Stamp them again in Bermuda Bay and Real Red and cut out the scarves.
- Not shown, stamp the eyes in black on White cardstock and cut them out as well.
- Punch a 1-1/4″ circle from a scrap of cardstock and use it to mask off a “moon”. Sponge Crumb Cake Ink on the top portion and Soft Sky on the bottom
- Add Smoky Slate Ink to the raised side of the Woodland Embossing Folder before adding a piece of Whisper White cardstock and running it through the Big Shot.
- Use a craft knife to cut out a couple of the trees, add some black ink to the “dashes”, and around the outside edge of the trees.
- Stamp the branch in black ink and then attach the trees. Trim them to fit.
- Add the owls; the little boy first so you can overlay the little girl slightly.
- Use the Confetti Hearts Border Punch and a scrap of Real Red to make some hearts to add
- Stamp the sentiment from Timeless Love stamp set.
- Mat to a piece of Crumb Cake and then to a Thick Whisper White card base.
Thanks so much for visiting me today, I hope you enjoyed the projects.