Sandi MacIver – Stampin With Sandi – Painted Glass Iris Card:
Hi stamping friends. My share today is the Painted Glass Iris Card for this week’s Product Spotlight
You will find all the products in this suite on Page 165 – 165 of the Annual Catalogue and if you love to colour you are in for a treat.
The best part about this suite – the dies and the Graceful Glass designer Vellum (ok, yes, I know that’s two parts haha). I have been painting my vellum with my blends (on the front so it’s brighter. Then the trick is to place a piece of Whisper White right behind it to make the colours POP.
Then use the dies to either die cut or emboss (read about that here), some of your background pieces.
Step by Step instructions for the Painted Glass Iris Card:
- Colour the front of the vellum panel with Stampin Blends
- Cut out a piece of Whisper White 1-3/4 x 5-1/2. Place glue dots in behind the dark blue squares on the vellum so they don’t show – and attach the vellum to the Whisper White.
- Trim the white so that it doesn’t show.
- Mat this to a piece if basic black 1/78 x 5- 5/8 – set aside.
- The card base is a large card, Bermuda Bay – 7 x 10 – score and fold at 5″
- Basic Black Mat 4-1/2 x 6-1/2, White Mat 4-3/8 x 6-3/8, Bermuda Bay card front 4-1/4 x 6-1/4
- layer all these pieces and attach them to the card base with Snail Adhesive.
- Die cut the border piece with the remaining piece of 1-1/2 x 5-1/4 Basic Black.
- Use small dots of multipurpose glue to attach the die cut piece to the card base.
- Use Dimensionals to attach the art piece.
- White Heat emboss the sentiment on a piece of Basic Black 2 x 3
- Use the Tailored Tag Punch to punch it out and Dimensionals to attach it to the card front.
There will be a FREE PDF for this card in my Sunday Post.
I also used the same bundle for this card – get details here
and this card earlier this week here
Both PDF’s will also be in the FREE PDF Gallery this weekend.
I hope you enjoyed today’s project and thanks so much for stopping in to visit.
Wishing you Happy Stamping.