Sandi MacIver – Stampin With Sandi – Painted Southern Serenade
Hi stamping friends, today’s share Painted Southern Serenade continues from yesterday’s post and the lovely Southern Serenade Stamp Set. I wanted to make a bright and happy card to celebrate spring, haha. As I’m a Canadian Stampin Up Demonstrator, we still have two feet of snow in the yard so we settle for pretty paper flowers and day dream about real ones, LOL.
Sandi’s Tips & Tricks for the Painted Southern Serenade Card:
The layout is for this week’s Freshly Made Sketches challenge – whoo hoo Nailed it!
- While making the card/video I shared yesterday (click here), I painted a few extra images (in Berry Burst and Old Olive)….and fussy cut one out.
- TIP – use a craft knife to cut the center pieces out first and then scissors around the outside.
- The card base is Thick Whisper White 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 score and fold at 4-1/4, Lemon Lime Twist mat 4 x 5-1/4 and Whisper White card front 3-7/8 x 5-1/8
- I embossed the card front with the Petal Pair Embossing Folder to create a little background noise.
- For the frame, I used a 3 x 3 piece of Marina Mist and the 2nd largest of the stitched shape framelits squares, with a smaller layering square framelit inside and cut both at once.
- I slid the cut out floral image into the frame before adding multipurpose glue to attach it to the right side of the card.
- I used the Celebrate You Thinlits to create the sentiments in Basic Black and Lemon Lime Twist. I’m so excited that these dies are moving to the new Annual Catalogue as I’m really not done playing with them yet, LOL
- Use a Black Sharpie to colour some small pearls for the floral centers.
There you go, my attempt at bringing spring into my world when there is still 2 feet of snow outside, haha…
Thanks so much for stopping to visit with me today. The products used in today’s card are listed at the end of the post for you. Wishing you Happy Stamping.