Sandi MacIver Ink and Paper Artist – Peaceful Poinsettia Under the Mistletoe
Hi stamping friends and welcome back. I have a fast and easy Christmas Card to share with you today, created with the Stampin Up Peaceful Poinsettia stamp set and the Under the Mistletoe Designer Paper
Do you decorate with Poinsettia during the holidays? I do, I have pink and white light covers on my trees, gold ones on my window trim and Teal Blue ones in my living room, LOVE them…..so I couldn’t help but create one more card with this Peaceful Poinsettia Bundle.
Between working on Christmas Cards and using up Holiday Designer Paper, I’ve got some great colour combos going on, and this one is no exception. The Designer Paper is Under the Mistletoe and it’s in the Annual Catalogue. The main Colour is Shaded Spruce so I used that as my card base, but it has a hint of Old Olive in it too for a very pretty contrast.
Here are the steps to create the Peaceful Poinsettia under the Mistletoe card:
- Start with a 4-1/4 x 11, piece of Shaded Spruce, score and fold at 5-1/2
- The Under the Mistletoe DSP is 3-7/8 x 5-1/8 mounted to a piece of Whisper White 4 x 5-1/4
- The belly band is Whisper White 1-1/2 x 3-7/8 embossed with the Softly Falling Embossing Folder.
- For the art piece start with a 2-1/4 x 4-1/4 piece of Shaded Spruce. Heat emboss the sentiment in white at the bottom
- Use the Detailed Poinsettia Thinlits to cut out the poinsettia and holly from a 3 x 3-1/2 piece of Whisper White.
- Use the multipurpose glue to attach them to the top of the art piece before matting it to a piece of Whisper white 2-3/8 x 4-3/8
- Then attach the art piece with Dimensionals to the left side of the card.
I LOVE how the die cut poinsettia mirrors the poinsettia in the DSP.
If you enjoy my tutorials or use them in your Stampin Up Business, please consider a $1.00 Donation here to help cover my blogging expenses – Thank you.
The Peaceful Poinsettia bundle comes in wood mount #149964 or clear mount # 149962 and ordering them together as a set will save you 10%
I did another card with this bundle – you can see the post here
Page 22 of the 2018 Holiday Catalogue
You can find the “Under the Mistletoe” DSP on page 189 of the annual catalogue and just check out how many poinsettia cards you can make with this pack. AND, it’s 12 x 12, so you can get 6 cards from one sheet of Designer Paper.
I hope you enjoyed today’s project and thanks so much for stopping in to visit.