Sandi MacIver – Stampin With Sandi – Petal Palette in Stripes
Hi Stamping Friends, today’s share is Petal Palette in Stripes and I combined a couple of challenges to come up with this one.
The first Challenge was over at Just us Girls and they have a Black and White Stripes Challenge – TICK
The second is Freshly Made Sketches for this week’s Sketch challenge – TICK
Sandi’s Tips & Tricks for the Petal Palette in Stripes Card:
- I stamped the floral images in Archival Black Ink onto a piece of 3 x 3 Whisper White and used my Watercolor Pencils to colour the images before cutting them out with the Petals & More Thinlits.
- I White Heat embossed the sentiment on a scrap of basic black 5/6 x 2-1/2
- I stamped the random dots border in Lemon Lime Twist across the card before attaching a 1-3/4 x 5-1/2 strip of the Petal Passion Designer Paper.
- Over that, I added a thin slice of Lemon Lime Twist, just to break it up and it pulls those green dots down into the design. This can be an alternative to ribbon to eliminate the bulk and additional postage.
- I further accentuated the dots, by adding a 1″ punched circle in Lemon Lime Twist behind the sentiment before I mounted it with Dimensionals.
- Next I added the floral images with Dimensionals and a light sprinkling of the Glitter & Clear Epoxy Shapes on the white background just to break it up a smidge.
For the Petal Palette In Stripes Card
I hope you enjoyed today’s project and thanks so much for stopping in to visit.
Wishing you Happy Stamping.