Sandi MacIver – Stampin With Sandi – Petal Palette Stampin Up
Hi stamping friends and welcome back. I have a Petal Palette Stampin Up card for you today along with something super fun. A combined Blog Hop
As some of you know I used to be a Demonstrator in the USA when Ian and I lived in Portland and Amy Koenders and some of her team where part of my group. Amy and I were chatting about team blog hops, and we thought it would be fun to combine our hops once a month. So much fun to be stamping and hopping with these ladies again and I know you are going to love all the projects shared.
We had a choice of either a sketch challenge or a colour challenge for our projects this week, I chose the sketch:
I decided on the Petal Palette Bundle from the Occasions Catalogue for my artwork, because I adore it, but also to remind you that while it is travelling through to the new catalogue, it won’t be bundled, so if you are in love with it, order it before the end of May to receive the 10% discount on the bundle.
Sandi’s Tips & Tricks for the Petal Palette Stampin Up Card:
- I started by embossing my 3-3/4 x 5 – Bermuda Bay card front with the Layering Leaves Embossing Folder before attaching it to my Thick Whisper White 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 card base.
- I stamped the rose image twice on Watercolor Paper and used my Aqua Painter and ink pads to colour in Lovely Lipstick (NEW), Lemon Lime Twist and Old Olive.
- I cut the images out with the coordinating Dies.
- I also cut out the white floral images that are tucked under the watercolor flowers from a piece of Whisper White 2-1/2 x 5, the gold border from a 1-1/2 x 4 piece of the gold foil sheet and the sentiment from a piece of 1 x 3-1/4 Powder Pink.
- I looped some Gold metallic Thread and attached it with a glue dot in the card center before adding the gold border with multipurpose glue.
- I attached the white die cuts with multipurpose glue before attaching the art work with Dimensionals.
- Lastly, the sentiment is attached with Dimensionals.
- I added a bow created with the Whisper White 1/8″ Sheer Ribbon and some basic pearls.
SPEAKING OF PEARLS: When you get your new catalogue, the basic pearls and rhinestones are extremely well hidden. page 197, bottom left corner, under the picture of the Red Rhinestones – I completely missed them, and I was looking for them, so thought I would share that.
Hop on to my good friend, Kathie Zaban and see what she has created for us today – and if you get lost along the way, here is a list of participants, you can simply click on the names:
Sandi MacIver – You are here
for the Petal Palette Stampin Up Card:
I hope you enjoyed today’s project and thanks so much for stopping in to visit.
Wishing you Happy Stamping.