Sandi MacIver – Stampin with Sandi – Petal Passion Suite and Memories
I know you can relate to this: It’s mid-December and I’m working on my Petal Passion Online Stamping Class. Company is coming and there is a mess all over my stamping table, so I throw it in a box, and hide it – I got most of the box empty to get the class finished, but I completely forget about two additional cards I had created. So here they are, created with the Petal Passion Suite and Memories Card Pack.
Petal Passion Suite covers pages 22 and 23 of the catalogue with a lovely selection of coordinating elements to step up your stamping and card creating game. Flip the page and you will find even more fun. Page 24 has a Petal Passion Memories and More card pack – WHAT! You are seriously going to have fun with these!
Using the Memories cards for a backdrop to your designs adds instant interest, without work. And the fact that these cards are designer around the Petal Passion Suite – assures you they are going to coordinate.
Stampin Up has a short video showing you each of the elements. If you are reading this in an e-mail, you may have to “click here” to watch the movie
Sandi’s Tips and Tricks for the Petal Passion Suite and Memories Cards:
- The card base is Thick Whisper White 5-1/2 x 8-1/2, scored and folded at 4-1/4
- Next, I cut and attached a piece of the Petal Passion Designer Paper to the front.
- I sponged a little Pool Party ink over the flowers on the Petal Passion Memories small card and then highlighted the flowers by colouring them in with my Stampin Blends markers.
- I’m in love with the little bird stamp in this set and for today’s card, he is coloured with Watercolor Pencils Bermuda Bay and Pacific Point. I just scribbled on a bit of colour and then blended it with my Blender Pen.
- Before attaching the bird to the card, I die cut a couple of elements from the Petals and More thinlits set in Lemon Lime Twist and stamped a sentiment on a scrap of Pool Party card stock before cutting it out with the little banner die from the same set.
- My final embellishments are some loopy Silver Metallic Thread and a few small rhinestones.
- Card Base: Thick Whisper White 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 score and fold at 4-1/4
- Card Front: Petal Passion Designer Paper 4-1/4 x 5-1/2
- Art Piece: Petal Passion Memories and More Card Pack 3 x 4, mat – Basic Black 3-1/2 x 4-1/2
- Overlay pieces: Bird – watercolor paper 2 x 2-1/2, sentiment: Pool Party 1 x 4, lacy border and floral image: Lemon Lime Twist 3 x 4-1/2
Petal Passion Suite and Memories Card #2
- I trimmed the Memories card down to 4 x 5-1/4 and attached it to a Basic Gray card base
- I stamped, coloured and cut out all the pieces to create the collage:
- The colour palette for this card is pink and gray, so I used my Stampin Blends for the colouring.
- The Sentiment is a sticker from the Petal Passion Memories card pack and I put a wash of pink over it with my blend.
- The gray flowers were stamped in Smoky Slate on Whisper White and then fussy cut out
- Ribbon is Powder Pink 3/8″ Shimmer Ribbon.
- Attach the lacy border die cut piece with glue dots.
- Add the gray sentiment block over it with Dimensionals
- Attach the sentiment with Dimensionals
- Add the floral pieces with glue dots
- Add the bow with glue dots
- Add the bird with Dimensionals
- Fill in the space with the gray flowers
The Gray flowers needed a center so I coloured some Metallic Enamel Shapes with a black sharpie to use on my card.
- Card Base: Basic Gray 4-1/4 x 11, score and fold at 5-1/2
- Card Front: Petal passion Memories and More Card Pack – cut down to 4 x 5-1/4
- Overlay art pieces: Water colour Paper 3 x 4 – flowers and birds
- Sentiment: Sticker from the Petal Passion Memories and More Card Pack
- Lacy Border: Whisper White 1-1/2 x 4-1/2
- Gray Flowers: Whisper White 1 x 4
- Banner piece: Smoky Slate 1 x 3-1/2
Thanks so much for stopping in today and I hope you will enjoy creating these cards as much as I did.