Hi crafty friends and welcome back to my paper crafting blog. I have a fun share for you today, I call it “Pigs CAN fly” because on this card they do, haha… What would you call a flock of pigs?
One small update first – for my May Host Code ordering Customers.
the back-ordered Designer Paper finally arrived and all the Paper Shares and Thank You cards went out in the mail on Tuesday morning so watch your mailbox and thank you again for supporting my little online business, I sure appreciate it.
This adorable little stamp is from the This Little Piggy stamp set, new in the annual catalogue.
Check out the background of this card, I was also playing with the NEW Embossing Paste and the Pattern Party Decorative Masks (stencils).
I’m working on a couple more samples so I can do a video for you in the meantime, here is a little one from Stampin’ Up! If you are viewing this in an e-mail, you may need to CLICK HERE to visit my blog to view the video.
Sandi’s Tips & Tricks for the Pigs CAN fly card:
- I started with watercolor paper and Bermuda Bay and Tempting Turquoise ink pads. I used my Aqua painter to lightly watercolor the background and dried it with my heat tool.
- I used the cloud mask and the embossing paste, removed the mask and sprinkled Dazzling Diamonds glitter into the paste before it dried.
- TIP – make sure you wipe off your mask and tools and then rinse them well before the paste dries.
- While the paste was drying, I stamped that flying piggy on watercolor paper 3 times and aqua painted her with Powder Pink and FLirty Flamingo. I used Wink of Stella on her wings for some added glimmer.
- Once I cut them all out I used Dimensionals to attach them.
- I stamped the sentiment on a scrap of Whisper White and for some added interest, cut the words apart. I rolled up a bit of Silver Metallic Thread and placed it on the card before I attached the words. The Dimensionals on the back help to hold the thread in place for me.
- Lastly I added a sprinkling of the NEW Mini Silver Sequins.
Hope you enjoyed today’s share and I love hearing from you, you can leave me a comment here:
- Card Base: Thick Whisper White 4-1/4 x 11, score and fold at 5-1/2
- Mat: Pool Party 3-7/8 x 5-1/8
- Card Front: Watercolor paper 3-3/4 x 5
- Pigs: Watercolor paper 3-3/4 x 5 and a scrap of Whisper White for the sentiment.
Thanks for stopping in today and Happy Card Making