Sandi MacIver Papercraft Artist – Ranger Distress Oxide Ink and Altenew Leaf Canopy
Hello my stamping friends and welcome back. I have a new Video to share today created with some fun products. Ranger Distress Oxide Inks and Altenew Leaf Canopy bundle.
Of course you could use whatever water based inks and stamps you have handy for this technique and it’s a super fast and easy one too. All you need is 2-3 ink pads, a water brush and some watercolor paper.
Sandi’s Tips & Tricks for the Distress Oxide Ink and Altenew Leaf Canopy Card:
- I started by stamping the outline leaf image from the Altenew Leaf Canopy Stamp Set in VersaFine Onyx Black Ink onto my Tim Holtz Distress watercolor paper with my Misti precision stamping tool and then cut out the two images with the coordinating Leaf Canopy dies in my Big Shot.
- I stamped the Distress Oxide ink pads (Peacock Feathers, Cracked Pistachio and Squeezed Lemonade) a couple of times onto my craft mat and then used my Altenew Watercolor Brush to add some water. (I used three water brushes to keep the colours separate for the painting).
- I used the Altenew Watercolor Brush to wet the watercolor paper and started to add the ink to the leaves letting it blend and run. Distress Oxide is an opaque ink, so the blending is a little different than the regular distress inks and it provides a beautifully blended finished product and you can add layers of colour on top of one another which is very cool indeed!
- I set my pieces aside to dry and used the left over ink to add some splatter to my Neenah 110 pound A2 card base. (4-1/4 x 11, folded at 5-1/2)
- On a scrap of Gina K Tranquil Teal cardstock, I used two of the sentiments from the stamp set and White Heat embossed a sentiment which I trimmed before adding to a big larger piece of Simon Says Stamp 100 Pd black cardstock to mat the sentiment
- Starting from the bottom of the card, used Gina K Connect Glue to glue down the smaller set of leaves; I then used Tear It Tape to attach the sentiment and then glue down the larger set of leaves in the top left side of the card.
- Once everything was glued down, I turned it over and trimmed off any overhangs.
- Finally, I embellished the piece with a few of the Cool Summer Night Altenew Enamel Dots.
Click here to visit my blog to watch today’s video:
Or visit my YouTube Channel to watch it in HD
Click the button above to download a free PDF file for this card and don’t forget to check out my FREE PDF Gallery for lots more fun card ideas.
I’ve listed the products I used below. Clicking on the image will take you directly to the product. Where available I use compensated affiliate links which means if you make a purchase through my link, I receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thank you so very much for your support, I truly appreciate it.
for the Ranger Distress Oxide Ink and Altenew Leaf Canopy Card:
- Check out my FREE PDF Gallery for Card Inspiration
- Be one of over 30,000+ following me on PINTEREST
- Subscribe to my YOUTUBE Channel to get notified of the latest videos